PDA

View Full Version : Switching from Wilson PS BLX 90 to head extreme pro?

shaneno
11-07-2012, 03:57 PM
Switching from Wilson PS BLX 90 to head extreme pro?
Is this switch a good thing? Has anyone else done this switch?
My style is like fed aggressive love to hit winners when I see them. Have a between eastern and semi forehand and a one handed backhand.

Any info on this switch would be helpful to me. Is it right for me or a good switch?
Thank you

Murrayalmagrofan
11-07-2012, 05:45 PM
Switching from Wilson PS BLX 90 to head extreme pro?
Is this switch a good thing? Has anyone else done this switch?
My style is like fed aggressive love to hit winners when I see them. Have a between eastern and semi forehand and a one handed backhand.

Any info on this switch would be helpful to me. Is it right for me or a good switch?
Thank you
Have you demo'd the Head Extreme Pro...or are you buying it on a hunch?

Switching from a midsize to a mid-plus racquet (especially one with such a huge, circular head), will take some adjustment. I found the Head Youtek IG Speed 18x20 to be a better compromise -- but I personally prefer the prestige line.

shaneno
11-07-2012, 05:50 PM
Have you demo'd the Head Extreme Pro...or are you buying it on a hunch?

Switching from a midsize to a mid-plus racquet (especially one with such a huge, circular head), will take some adjustment. I found the Head Youtek IG Speed 18x20 to be a better compromise -- but I personally prefer the prestige line.

i'm going on a hunch. plus i like Richard Gasquet style. :) i don't like 18X20 patterns

Murrayalmagrofan
11-07-2012, 05:54 PM
i'm going on a hunch. plus i like Richard Gasquet style. :) i don't like 18X20 patterns
Demo it. Could save yourself from making a pricier mistake.

shaneno
11-07-2012, 05:58 PM
yes. i think i will, but do u use this racket?

shaneno
11-07-2012, 05:58 PM
Demo it. Could save yourself from making a pricier mistake.

do you use this racket?

Murrayalmagrofan
11-07-2012, 06:31 PM
do you use this racket?
Nope - I don't own one. But I've tried it before.

I demo racquets every 6 months just to see what's out there. That racquet was far too powerful for my game.

vetinari
11-07-2012, 06:47 PM
Depends on your game. If you're really an agressive hitter I think the extreme will be a demanding stick -- going to give you smaller windows to keep the ball in. But it is a luscious feeling racquet -- big sweetspot, nice stability. A real confidence booster on returns for me. If you're interested in keeping an agressive shot but taking a bit off your forehand, letting the racquet do a bit of the work it could be a good fit. I have been hitting with one lately and love it but have to remember to simplify my forehand a bit otherwise I overcook the shot and it bounces 4 ft long.

klementine
11-07-2012, 06:48 PM

If you want Richard's frame, hunt down the liquidmetal instinct xl.

TennisMD
11-07-2012, 06:59 PM
Depends on your game. If you're really an agressive hitter I think the extreme will be a demanding stick -- going to give you smaller windows to keep the ball in. But it is a luscious feeling racquet -- big sweetspot, nice stability. A real confidence booster on returns for me. If you're interested in keeping an agressive shot but taking a bit off your forehand, letting the racquet do a bit of the work it could be a good fit. I have been hitting with one lately and love it but have to remember to simplify my forehand a bit otherwise I overcook the shot and it bounces 4 ft long.

so for the OP myth is a grand wonderoous thing. I have long been a proponent of it is technique not the rkt that makes you hit out. If you go to TWU and click on shot distance you will be suprised for the Wilson rkt referenced in t his thread hits 74.7 feet and the Head Youtex hits ,yes, 74.6ft. So if technique is proper and the same you will not hit the ball out, the court is 78 feet and the head rkt actually hits .1 foot so 1.2 inches shorter than the wilson.
Advantages of head bigger sweet spot and you to get back balls when out of position Also very solid on ground strokes

vetinari
11-07-2012, 07:15 PM
^^ no argument with that. Likely just another tennis player neurosis, but keeping the same technique with different racquets is difficult for me. I find myself adjusting strokes even if I'm trying not too.

Anyway just for context I'm coming from the speed 18x20 which has a lower rebound power and swingweight than the ep2.0. No experience with the Wilson.

shaneno
11-08-2012, 08:01 AM
Also only looking for Wilson ncode 95 16x18. In 4 3/8. Send me ur condition. How many u have. And we make a deal