PDA

View Full Version : YT IG Rad MP vs YT IG Prestige MP

PKfan1
11-08-2012, 03:03 AM
I am a huge fan of the Prestige, but I have never bothered trying a radical b/c the spec is too light for my preferences. Since I weight up my prestige anyway I was wondering how the radical compares in terms of feel, power and comfort. I am thinking about getting a Radical and tail weighting it up to about 12.3ozs to match the weight and balance of my other sticks.

Also would probably put MG CAPson it. Would these cover the frame? I know the drill patterns match, but would the difference in beam thickness create a problem?

Has anybody weighted a Rad to match a prestige before?

I would like some input as this would be an expensive experiment.

Ojibway
11-08-2012, 06:59 AM
Interesting to see this post.
I use Blade 98 and PB10 Mid. Love the mid for doubles because my reflex volleys are so great with it. Because of the Blade98's high swingweight I am never comfortable on net with them.
So last week I got Prestige MP and Radical MP for play testing. Yesterday night I was mostly using Prestige MP and I was amazed by the stable feel of the racquet. Nothing could flutter the racquet. But I was not getting the power that I use to, so in the middle of a game I switched to Radical and I was surprise how much unstable Radical was. Radical MP is certainly off my list.

Power Player
11-08-2012, 07:03 AM
Blade 98 is definitely more stable than the Radical MP. I found the same results when I tried it out.

The prestige S could be an option for you guys.

parasailing
11-08-2012, 09:00 AM
Prestige has less power than the Radical MP. I like the Radical MP if only they would put a 16x19 or 16x20 string pattern on it. I know they have a pro stock version that does but just a retail version where everyone can purchase one.

jjs891
11-08-2012, 09:40 AM
Prestige has less power than the Radical MP. I like the Radical MP if only they would put a 16x19 or 16x20 string pattern on it. I know they have a pro stock version that does but just a retail version where everyone can purchase one.

Isn't retail rad pro 16x19 ?

cluckcluck
11-08-2012, 09:44 AM

It is.

The difference between the Prestige and the Radical, is that you'll find the prestige a bit more maneuverable and gives a little more feel.
The Rad is more "raw" as a racquet. Power, decent spin, firm, and fun. Depends on your game, if you're a net player the prestige would be the best. If you're a BL grinder, then the Rad.

parasailing
11-08-2012, 09:56 PM

It is but I thought you posted about the Rad MP.

It is.

The difference between the Prestige and the Radical, is that you'll find the prestige a bit more maneuverable and gives a little more feel.
The Rad is more "raw" as a racquet. Power, decent spin, firm, and fun. Depends on your game, if you're a net player the prestige would be the best. If you're a BL grinder, then the Rad.

Spot on between the two line.

PKfan1
11-08-2012, 11:34 PM
But I feel like the maneuverability is result of the balance. What I want to know is how do they feel side by side if the specs are matched?

Somebody has to have done this at some point.

MikeHitsHard93
11-09-2012, 06:28 AM
But I feel like the maneuverability is result of the balance. What I want to know is how do they feel side by side if the specs are matched?

Somebody has to have done this at some point.

The TW play testers have it correct: the prestige is silky smooth. The radical feels a tad more powerful and a little more flexy. Prestige is more traditional feeling while radical is more modern feeling