PDA

View Full Version : Volkl C10 Pro vs. Donnay Gold 99 ?

corners
11-08-2012, 12:57 PM
Would anyone who's hit both of these frames like to compare them in terms of...

Feel/feedback/touch
Comfort
Power
Spin
Control
Foregiveness

???

dode
11-08-2012, 05:11 PM
I have owned both recently, so I will give it a shot.

Feel/Feedback/Touch- I will give this to the C10 Pro hands down. I seem to prefer the feel that the volkl racquets provide, especially the C10 Pro.

Comfort- I will give the edge to the Donnay here. After long matches with a lot of serving, my arm generally is quite sore with the C10 Pro, but it was not with the Donnay.

Power- I will give the edge to the C10 Pro as far as having more power, at least we will call it more usable power for me.

Control- For groundstrokes, I will give the edge to the Donnay here, at least with the Poly/Syn gut stick. I had a second with my normal Gut/Poly hybrid that I strung up. It just didn't feel right and I stuggled with it. The Poly/Syn gut hybrid was probably the easiest racquet to rally with I have played with since I started to play again, giving me the ability to easily control both depth and location.

Forgiveness- Again, I probably give the edge to the donnay, though not by much.

Overall, I really wanted to be happy with the Donnay racquets. Unfortunately, even as well as I was able to play from the baseline with them, I REALLY struggled with volleys and serving, no matter which string setup I used. I think with some time and some lead, I could make it into a better racquet, but I decided to go with the C10 Pro for the time being. I just really like that Volkl feel.

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask any questions.

John

corners
11-09-2012, 09:34 AM
Thanks Dode!

Did you play the Gold with any of the customization options attached?