PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about the look of BLX Pro Open 2012 ?

avince
11-09-2012, 02:40 AM
I am a Pro Open 2012 owner and I am pretty happy about its nice blend of power and control. That is the reason why I preferred it instead of the Pure Drive 2012.
I think that the only bad thing could be its look... What do you think about it ?

MikeHitsHard93
11-09-2012, 06:31 AM
I haven't seen the new one, but my 2010 blx po is ugly lol. That being said, I love how it plays

avince
11-09-2012, 07:31 AM
That's right, the 2010 paintjob is not better than 2012...
Wilson could have had make an effort to design a more nice paintjob for a so very good racquet !

tistrapukcipeht
11-09-2012, 07:41 AM
fugly as someone would say, it doesn't matter how it looks, but how it plays, when you can have both it's great.

Dragan
11-14-2012, 03:17 AM
I am a Pro Open 2012 owner and I am pretty happy about its nice blend of power and control. That is the reason why I preferred it instead of the Pure Drive 2012.
I think that the only bad thing could be its look... What do you think about it ?

Bah, it looks just fine to me (aesthetics is subjective category, though). I generally don't like the combination of white and yellow colors on any racquet, but Pro Open actually looks better than AeroPro Drive 2010 is an ugly racquet IMHO... :)

What is important is that it feels and plays great. My other racquet is Pure Drive 2012, and I purchased Pro Open as a spare racquet, since they both have pretty similar specs, while Pro Open is much less expensive (at least in Serbia).

Over time, I switched to Pro Open 2012 and PD 2012 became my spare racquet. To behonest, they play VERY similarly for me, nice balance, great spin and good control, but Pure Drive tends to fatigue my arm with poly strings. I only miss it for serves, Pure Drive is a monster for flat serves - it provied much greater, efortless power.

Dragan
11-14-2012, 03:22 AM

Bah, it looks just fine to me (aesthetics is subjective category, though). I generally don't like the combination of white and yellow colors on any racquet, but Pro Open actually looks better than AeroPro Drive 2010, IMHO... :)

What is important is that it feels and plays great. My other racquet is Pure Drive 2012, and I purchased Pro Open as a spare racquet, since they both have pretty similar specs, while Pro Open is much less expensive (at least in Serbia).

Over time, I baceme addicted and switched to Pro Open 2012, while PD 2012 mostly sits in the bag as the spare one. Frankly, they play VERY similarly for me, great balance, great spin and nice control, but Pure Drive tends to fatigue my arm with polyester strings.

ArliHawk
11-14-2012, 04:16 AM
Ugly, kind of keeps me from demoing it.

avince
11-14-2012, 05:30 AM
Indeed, I think that the paintjob could have been better...
But, I love the matte painting. I think it is more comfortable to hold in hand and more durable against the balls frictions...

goran_ace
11-14-2012, 06:51 AM
Wilson rackets have gotten to be pretty ugly. I liked the K-factor graphics, but since then they look like garbage. That said, Head microgel graphics are up there among the ugliest ever and that's what I'm still using. At least the newer Wilson rackets like the Steam are symmetric, but asymmetric graphics do bother me.