PDA

View Full Version : [center][b]emotional Quotient To Each Shot [/b][/center]

kiteboard
11-09-2012, 01:14 PM
EMOTIONAL QUOTIENT TO EACH SHOT

Each shot has an emotional quotient. A smattering of confidence divided by fear. The higher our confidence, and the lower our fear quotient, the better our chances of allowing a smooth and powerful physical flow. By applying the principles of timing, defending contact distance, in the right part of the bed, choosing the right energy type, choosing the right type of shot, your confidence will increase. You will no longer feel fear during match play.

Ash_Smith
11-09-2012, 01:29 PM
You talk about making choices and applying principals during matchplay - are you suggesting these should be conscious processes?

treblings
11-09-2012, 01:33 PM
EMOTIONAL QUOTIENT TO EACH SHOT

Each shot has an emotional quotient. A smattering of confidence divided by fear. The higher our confidence, and the lower our fear quotient, the better our chances of allowing a smooth and powerful physical flow. By applying the principles of timing, defending contact distance, in the right part of the bed, choosing the right energy type, choosing the right type of shot, your confidence will increase. You will no longer feel fear during match play.

i never feel fear during match play anyway

Flat Top
11-09-2012, 02:05 PM
You talk about making choices and applying principals during matchplay - are you suggesting these should be conscious processes?

Good point. Hard to pay attention to everything. What should be conscious when playing? Or does this change as we get better?

kiteboard
11-09-2012, 09:52 PM

At first they are. And after focus and practice, they become unconscious.

kiteboard
11-09-2012, 09:54 PM
i never feel fear during match play anyway

Some don't feel it. It's there under the surface. A feeling/thought/hesitation/uncertainty:, "Am I going to miss this serve? This shot? This easy pass? This volley?" Am I going to win? Am I going to lose?: are fear based thoughts, and so are anger based thoughts based on fear.

kiteboard
11-09-2012, 10:10 PM

Lull-jam-finish type shots should be conscious decisions, but quick ones. The less thought the better. Sequences should be practiced, such as: two lull, two jam, two finish. Lull being medium, low risk shots, jam meaning changing the depth or the height or speed after your shot bounces, finish meaning, higher risk, put away type shots.
Boxers train these by using numbers: 3-2-2-1 for a type of punch to a given area, or fake. High level coaches train this way as well. The more practiced and confident you are, the less conscious thought you have about strategies/shots/game style you are playing. You want to become the red dot, not the full magenta pulsating wave.