PDA

View Full Version : V1 Classic vs Org V1 MP vs ProStaff 100

NoMansLandPlayer
11-11-2012, 09:38 AM
Looking for comparison for these three racquets for those that have tried:

V1 Classic vs Org V1 MP vs ProStaff 100 vs Becker NYC if you have hit as well

I am currently demoing the PS100 and am pleasantly suprised by its performance. Serves are great, fairly solid for lighter weight and nice spin generation. Do the V1's compare to this racquet since specs are similar? Which has more control, feel? I also have and have used the Becker V1 MP which is nice, but has a less than ideal feel IMO. Any other comments?

chaddles
11-11-2012, 12:57 PM
The Organix V1 MP is the eldest performer of the lot by a country mile. Has great combo of power, control & spin. Also mich more stable than the PS100z. The only thing as with most of the Volkl line up is the unique feel is not for everyone. The Organix range in particular appear to be very string sensitive which affects the feel of the racquet. If u didn't rate the BBV1 because of the feel, then you probably won't really get the XV1 either.

The Classic is a pretty sweet racquet too.

NoMansLandPlayer
11-11-2012, 01:44 PM
thanks for reply. How does the O V1 hold up against big hitters or rather how is it at blocking heavy serves and at the net. I see you play the O325, a racquet that I really like but just do better with something a little lighter. I like the BB V1, but it just seems a bit less crisp and a little too muted. Does the O V1 have that same super stable feel as the O325? How does the Classic stack up against the OV1?

SteveI
11-11-2012, 05:01 PM
Looking for comparison for these three racquets for those that have tried:

V1 Classic vs Org V1 MP vs ProStaff 100 vs Becker NYC if you have hit as well

I am currently demoing the PS100 and am pleasantly suprised by its performance. Serves are great, fairly solid for lighter weight and nice spin generation. Do the V1's compare to this racquet since specs are similar? Which has more control, feel? I also have and have used the Becker V1 MP which is nice, but has a less than ideal feel IMO. Any other comments?

Easy one. The PS 100 is nothing like the others. The PS 100 is a Pro Staff... great feel and touch (box beam). Made for a Pro Staff user that enjoys that great connection to the ball. The PS 100 is a great platform for mods or a place for an older Pro Staff user that still enjoys that great series of frame but needs a bit of help. The V1s are great tweeners..."the 1st of many tweeners" All are quite muted and lack the feel of the PS 100. The NYC is again for a all court players frame but again is a not a great feel frame. All of these are great in their own way.. but the PS 100 is nothing like the Beckers/V1 series. BTW the Classic is the oldest by far.... Enjoy your quest. I loved the PS 100. I playtested the frame for Wilson and TW when the blind testing was done... about 1 year ago. I am going to pick one up in the spring to be sure.

the Town Sherif
01-07-2013, 03:43 PM
i also would vouch for the 100, great stick and much more stable than it's weight would indicate