PDA

View Full Version : Wilson BLX Blade 98 V Tecnifibre TFight 320 VO2 Max; how do they compare?

roundiesee
11-11-2012, 06:41 PM
Would appreciate if players who have tried both frames give some advice on how these 2 frames play, how they stack up against each other, and which you prefer. Thanks! :)

Torres
11-11-2012, 06:51 PM
Nothing alike. One's a lighter, but noticeably more head heavy, slightly slugglish, flat hitting stick with good ability to hit through the court but lower margins. The other is heavier but a more head light, noticeably more spin orientated stick with better margins but less outright finishing ability (unless you're prepared to add some lead).

roundiesee
11-12-2012, 02:54 AM
Thanks Torres; which do you prefer if, say, you had to pick one of the two to play a match?

Torres
11-12-2012, 03:28 AM
I prefer the feel of the BLX and the materials used in its construction, but I prefer the specs/weight/balance of the 320.

If I had to take one on a desert island with me (in stock form), it would probably be the 320. There's not really a right/wrong answer, its just that its specs are closer to what I prefer.

roundiesee
11-12-2012, 04:01 AM
That's a great answer, thank you!

freeez
11-12-2012, 05:16 AM
Nothing alike. One's a lighter, but noticeably more head heavy, slightly slugglish, flat hitting stick with good ability to hit through the court but lower margins. The other is heavier but a more head light, noticeably more spin orientated stick with better margins but less outright finishing ability (unless you're prepared to add some lead).

what do you mean by less outright finishing ability?

rlau
11-12-2012, 06:12 AM
what do you mean by less outright finishing ability?

put-away power?

Power Player
11-12-2012, 06:38 AM
The blade 98 is my current weapon of choice. I would agree with Torres. Different sticks. Gobs of spin with the tfight, in my experience maybe too much spin to be honest.

The tfight eats strings rather quickly and you need full poly if you want durability. the blade is much easier on strings, but rewards good technique as high head speed gives me a heavier ball and more court penetration.

If you like to dictate from the baseline and place the ball into corners, than follow that shot with an approach winner, the blade is incredibly awesome.

If you like to grind a little more from the baseline and follow a shot to net for a put away volley, the Tfight is better suited.

You can play any game you want with any racquet. But I am just throwing out some general guidelines.