PDA

View Full Version : Uniqlo Djokovic Apeareal

Adidas_Anderson
11-12-2012, 09:26 AM
Where can you get them now? I can't find any related page selling his outfit?
Why is Uniqlo repeating what Sergio Tacchini is doing, making a great endorsement but not selling the stuff around the world?
When will TW start Importing the Uniqlo line?
thanks
A.A

Vertiz
11-12-2012, 12:33 PM
As far as I know you can only buy them at Uniqlo retail shops like the huge one on 5th ave NYC. I believe they are planning to sell them online in the near future.

Elatar
01-09-2013, 05:43 PM
As far as I know you can only buy them at Uniqlo retail shops like the huge one on 5th ave NYC. I believe they are planning to sell them online in the near future.

While in NY last week I visited the Herald Square Uniqlo store. They did not have tennis apparel in stock, I was told that I had run out months ago and they did not know when they were going to have it again.

What is the deal with Uniqlo?

crosscourt
01-10-2013, 02:23 AM
At present they seem to be using him to advertise the brand rather than sell specific items of clothing.

gavna
01-10-2013, 02:56 AM
At present they seem to be using him to advertise the brand rather than sell specific items of clothing.

Exactly.....very similar to what Cerrutti did back in the 80s with Connors and Wilander. The stuff is in very very limited supply and only in a few (the number could be less than 5 stores get the stuff) of the flagship stores worldwide. And don't hold your breath for any other retailer selling it......do you see J Crew or Gap stuff sold anywhere else but there own shops? Nope.

dr325i
01-10-2013, 04:32 AM

The fact is that it was ONLY sold at that one store and only the USO collection.
You cannot get them anywhere else in the world

Coach Carter
01-10-2013, 06:44 AM
what was the point of the sports endorsement if you aren't going to push your sports line. from what I can see it's tough to find their stuff anywhere. If they sold their product line online, it would sell for now and if the price and quality was right, it would sell long term.

crosscourt
01-10-2013, 08:43 AM
Brand promotion I suppose. The sports stuff they do sell is pretty good, if not at all flashy.

Coach Carter
01-10-2013, 09:30 AM
Brand promotion I suppose. The sports stuff they do sell is pretty good, if not at all flashy.

Sure and that's needed with the company, but it just seems if they are going for they'd truly GO FOR IT

El Diablo
01-10-2013, 12:52 PM
They opened a store near me (in Paramus, NJ) and you can rest assured you're not missing anything worthwhile. The oxymoronic "Japanese sense of style" pervades their stuff, a Camry you can wear.

Kevin T
01-10-2013, 12:56 PM
They opened a store near me (in Paramus, NJ) and you can rest assured you're not missing anything worthwhile. The oxymoronic "Japanese sense of style" pervades their stuff, a Camry you can wear.

"A Camry you can wear"...classic!! Pretty much my feelings, as well.

Borrelli
01-10-2013, 02:53 PM
While in NY last week I visited the Herald Square Uniqlo store. They did not have tennis apparel in stock, I was told that I had run out months ago and they did not know when they were going to have it again.

What is the deal with Uniqlo?

The fact is that it was ONLY sold at that one store and only the USO collection.

A total field day for re-sellers on the auction site. I've seen his whole USO outfit go for over $400. I guess they're just trying to promote their brand and drive people into their stores to buy other clothing items but yeah seems like another let down for Djokovic fans. I will be sure to stock up heavily during the next USO strictly to flip on the bay.

MAXXply
01-11-2013, 05:40 PM

My sister-in-law reports from Japan that the flagship Uniqlo Tokyo store (all 11 floors worth) has no tennis/sportswear offerings whatsoever at the moment.

IMO Uniqlo merely adapted and refined the retail offerings of The GAP - the biggest name in American blandwear. If there is an "American" style that trumps the mainstream clothing that Uniqlo sells, then I can't see it for all the button-downs and chinos, and sweaters and hoodies that are the mainstays of the Middle American wardrobe.

dr325i
01-11-2013, 06:34 PM
My sister-in-law reports from Japan that the flagship Uniqlo Tokyo store (all 11 floors worth) has no tennis/sportswear offerings whatsoever at the moment.

IMO Uniqlo merely adapted and refined the retail offerings of The GAP - the biggest name in American blandwear. If there is an "American" style that trumps the mainstream clothing that Uniqlo sells, then I can't see it for all the button-downs and chinos, and sweaters and hoodies that are the mainstays of the Middle American wardrobe.

There is only one store in Tokyo that carries Nishikori clothes. However, it is possible to order Nishikori stuff on-line in Japan. There is no store in Asia that carries Djokovic stuff. 5th Ave NYC used to carry Novak's stuff, but apparently not any more...