PDA

View Full Version : Rattling in racquets

Roger Wawrinka
11-12-2012, 01:06 PM
Hey guys, One of my racquet's is rattling and I do not know how to get whatever's in the racquet out (Yes, I have watched YUlittle's video on it). The problem is that my racquet has no trap door and I tried pulling the staples out but on Tecnifibre racquets they are impossible to get them out. Any help?:(

I Heart Thomas Muster
11-12-2012, 01:09 PM
If you pick up a new grommet strip you can pull out the old and try to get the loose material out through the holes in the frame. Then install the new grommet strip and string your racquet back up.

If the material is too large to come out of the holes then you can use a drop of golf club 5 minute epoxy inside the racquet and shake the frame until all the debris is caught in the epoxy. Give it 24 hours after that and it should never rattle again as golf epoxy holds strong.

Roger Wawrinka
11-12-2012, 01:15 PM
Thanks for replying!

All of the grommets are out and I can not even see whatever's in the racquet. Also, what do you mean by putting a drop of epoxy inside of the racquet, inside where?

I Heart Thomas Muster
11-12-2012, 01:25 PM
I mean putting a drop of the epoxy into one of the grommet holes then shaking the frame until the epoxy catches all the material. It'll stick to the inside of the racquet when it dries and after it cures (24 hours) it should never move again even after repeated playing.

I Heart Thomas Muster
11-12-2012, 01:28 PM
I had the Tecnifibre 315 V02 Max and I was being careless when I pulled out the grommet strips when replacing them and a piece of grommet broke away and got stuck inside the frame. Because of its size and shape I was unable to get it to come out so I used the golf epoxy and it worked great. I've since sold them but even a year after I added the epoxy it hadn't come loose.

LanEvo
11-12-2012, 02:09 PM
It could be loose buttcap?

Roger Wawrinka
11-12-2012, 03:56 PM
No, because I can hold the racquet in my hand and shake it and you can feel that whatever is in their moves from the head to the handle.

I Heart Thomas Muster
11-12-2012, 05:17 PM
Using a stringer's awl there hasn't been any staple I have not been able to remove from a butt cap (just be careful in case the awl slips!!). However when I have removed butt caps from newer racquets it seems there is usually material in the handle that would prevent anything from coming out of the hoop. I think some of the Tecnifibres have silicone in the handle.

aussierocks
11-12-2012, 05:26 PM
Thomas Muster is correct. I always use a stringers awl to get the staples out, a little tricky but always works. The loose graphite should then fall out the bottom. Replacement butt caps can be purchased.
Roger - please email me as I may be able to help you. What size grip is your 325?
Not long now.....maybe a week, approx 5 new T Fight models coming out, new amazing poly (does not lose tension), new grips, new bags!

SoBad
11-12-2012, 05:33 PM
Hey guys, One of my racquet's is rattling and I do not know how to get whatever's in the racquet out (Yes, I have watched YUlittle's video on it). The problem is that my racquet has no trap door and I tried pulling the staples out but on Tecnifibre racquets they are impossible to get them out. Any help?:(

One of my tfight320s started feeling loose and squeaking at some point. I removed the original red grip, the staples, and poured glue, drove in nails and screws and patched it all up with duct tape. It stopped squeaking for a while, but then it went back to squeaking. I have gotten used to the sound and the feel - I actually enjoy it now...:lol:

Roger Wawrinka
11-12-2012, 07:13 PM
Aussierocks, If you would be so kind as to set your profile so I can message you instead of me just posting my email. Grip size is a 4 and 1/2

R.W

aussierocks
11-13-2012, 04:13 AM
Roger Waw - Done

Roger Wawrinka
11-13-2012, 09:49 AM
Thanks man, I'll get back to you tonight.

Roger Wawrinka
11-21-2012, 06:10 PM
Hey guys, so I am still out of ideas. I will take the advice that "IHTM" gave me above but I would only like to do that as a last resort. I read that you could use an air compressor to blow the grommet but I am not sure if that would damage the racquet....would it?

Roger Wawrinka
11-22-2012, 06:43 PM
Please anyone?!