PDA

View Full Version : Head Instinct Ig

EastAngels2014
11-13-2012, 10:26 AM
Looking in to buying this stick, would like to hear some reviews on it. I am a high school player who its with topspin and like to it from the baseline. Thank You

cluckcluck
11-13-2012, 10:30 AM
It's very soft, not a lot of weight, not a lot of spin. If you're looking for power and spin, you are likely not going to find it with the instinct. I would say the Radical IG is the better option.

EastAngels2014
11-13-2012, 11:21 AM
ok thank you

Andreas1965
11-14-2012, 10:52 AM
You should definitely demo.

I could tell you the opposite of @cluckcluck. For me, the IG Instinct is a nice frame with good power, control and easy spin. The Radical, on the other hand, is one of the most overrated frames on the market (in my opinion).

So? Whom will you believe now?

un6a
11-14-2012, 11:40 AM

I could tell you the opposite of @cluckcluck. For me, the IG Instinct is a nice frame with good power, control and easy spin. The Radical, on the other hand, is one of the most overrated frames on the market (in my opinion).

I agree, IG Instinct is good frame for baseline play. Good power, good spin decent control. Manuverable, but not unstable. Definitelly more suited for baseliners than radical.

cluckcluck
11-14-2012, 12:13 PM

Coming from the person who plays with a Rdis300 which is more similar to a Head Radical than the Instinct.

EastAngels2014
11-14-2012, 12:25 PM
i guess i will demo to see for myself since i have heard both sides, thanks to all

Doubles
11-14-2012, 12:43 PM
Either one will be good for a high school player. The Radical MP and the Instinct MP are both soft, spin friendly frames. Give them both a try.

EastAngels2014
11-14-2012, 12:51 PM
Either one will be good for a high school player. The Radical MP and the Instinct MP are both soft, spin friendly frames. Give them both a try.

that's probably what i will do

Blitzball
11-14-2012, 12:57 PM
I've tried both the Radical MP and the Instinct. I can tell you from the matches I played with each at 3.5-4.0 level, the Instinct is more solid and reliable at the baseline. It generates decent spin, great power, and ample control. The Radical felt unstable at times and though spin was pretty good, control wasn't nearly up to par. The Instinct is a tad bit light, but like Chris said in the TW review, add a leather grip (replace the grip that it comes with) and some lead tape and you're good to go.

EastAngels2014
11-14-2012, 01:09 PM
ok thank you

MikeHitsHard93
11-14-2012, 01:52 PM
Instinct provided tons of spin in my demo. And that was with full multi.

jjl
11-14-2012, 05:21 PM
I had an Instinct IG MP, returned it. The racquet felt too light and a little flimsy to me. Exchanged it for the Extreme MP 2.0, much more solid feeling racket to me, more plow through than the Instinct.

MattCrosby
11-14-2012, 05:26 PM
I've got 3 of these sticks, put around 15 grams of weight in the head and 5 in the handle and it feels really good, just demo them for sure.

NLBwell
11-14-2012, 06:29 PM
I'd think about the Extreme if I were you. Just don't string it too tight with poly strings to be good to your arm.

EastAngels2014
11-14-2012, 07:04 PM
ok i will look in to all comments and most likely demo the radical and instinct. Thanks to all so much.

EastAngels2014
11-14-2012, 07:05 PM
what string set up would u guys suggest for the radical and instinct

Francis27
11-14-2012, 07:11 PM
what string set up would u guys suggest for the radical and instinct

I use the RPM TEAM on my Instinct because that racket is a little stiff but not too stiff, the string is really soft i string it at Mid tension -2 so for the instinct its 54 so im going to string at 52. Another thing about this string is that its a octogonal shaped string and is flexible slick(so it will snap back into place) spin friendly string so im taking advantage on the instincts generation of spin aswell with a spin string. This string is also very good in durability.

Another good one i like is Weiss Cannon silver string.

EastAngels2014
11-14-2012, 07:16 PM
I use the RPM TEAM on my Instinct because that racket is a little stiff but not too stiff, the string is really soft i string it at Mid tension -2 so for the instinct its 54 so im going to string at 52. Another thing about this string is that its a octogonal shaped string and is flexible slick(so it will snap back into place) spin friendly string so im taking advantage on the instincts generation of spin aswell with a spin string. This string is also very good in durability.

Another good one i like is Weiss Cannon silver string.

I have used RPM blast in APD and i hated it, it went dead really fast and did not seem to stay in place. But i haven't looking in to the RPM team yet. I have hear good things about Weiss Cannon also. Thank you

Francis27
11-14-2012, 08:11 PM
I have used RPM blast in APD and i hated it, it went dead really fast and did not seem to stay in place. But i haven't looking in to the RPM team yet. I have hear good things about Weiss Cannon also. Thank you

No problem i will keep looking for more strings for you :)

EastAngels2014
11-14-2012, 08:29 PM
sounds good, i will let you know what i try and what worked good

VeeSe
11-14-2012, 08:41 PM
Hi EastAngels2014,

I currently use the IG Radical MP as my main stick, and I really enjoy it. I also own an IG Instinct MP but I haven't hit with it for more than a few minutes yet. From what I could tell, the Instinct is more spin friendly, both due to the open string pattern and the lightness/manueverability of the racquet allowing you to swing faster.

The reasons why I like the Radical MP are that it's an arm friendly, flexy stick, which I like, it gives me great control with the 18x20 pattern, and it's a little more solid in stock form (although I do weight it up to about 11.3 oz or 320g). You could also weight up the Instinct though, and I suspect that it would be an extremely good stick if you added more weight to it.

Probably nothing new to you, but I just wanted to share since I do play with the Rad MP as of right now. Let me know how the playtest goes.

EastAngels2014
11-14-2012, 08:47 PM
thanks for the info, i am taking everything in to consideration, and i will for sure let all know how it goes