PDA

View Full Version : VCORE vs EZONE Xi

enderx1x
11-17-2012, 10:52 AM
I'm looking to get a new racquet and am going to order some demos. I'm coming from an RDiS 100, and would like to try a yonex frame or two. If I decide to go with yonex I'll probably get one of these 98s (or possible the 100/ezone xi with some lead tape). What is the difference between these two lines?

rdis10093
11-17-2012, 11:01 AM
vcore for men
ezone for chicks

acura9927
11-17-2012, 01:40 PM
I use to own a 98 XI Ezone, great comfort and excellent power, just the weighting was bad and the head shape made my forehands a bit off. I demoed the 100 XI Ezone and I like it the sweetspot and SW is better than the 98 XI, the Vcores felt so tinny to me.

KFwinds
11-17-2012, 02:04 PM
Ezone xi 100 by a country mile. Better comfort, stability and power. The only frame I've ever used that I could play a full bed of poly comfortably. I recommend the Yonex Poly Tour Pro 130 or the Poly Tour HS 130. Prince Beast plays really nice in these frames as well.

enderx1x
11-17-2012, 05:48 PM
Thanks for you replies. So, both of you prefer the EZONE XI? Do you remember what were the specific differences?

wrainsberger
11-18-2012, 07:55 AM
I demoed both the Ezone Xi 100 and the Vcore 100s and prefer the Vcore. I didn't notice the tinny feeling( had Multi string) on the Vcore but the Ezone was just blasting hits everywhere. Way too overpowered for my taste. Vcore just felt right from the start. Having a bit of elbow problems, I didn't notice any tenderness after hitting with it.

Just my thought, no where near an expert.

rdis10093
11-18-2012, 08:05 AM
ezone is more for comfort. they all have large headsizes. look at all of the yonex pros that play with ezone. they are all girls. while the vcores are players sticks. you have to make your own power with them. ,

Nostradamus
11-18-2012, 08:34 AM
Ezone xi 100 by a country mile. Better comfort, stability and power. The only frame I've ever used that I could play a full bed of poly comfortably. I recommend the Yonex Poly Tour Pro 130 or the Poly Tour HS 130. Prince Beast plays really nice in these frames as well.

which is better for doubles play and serve and volley play ?

prjacobs
11-18-2012, 09:42 AM
ezone is more for comfort. they all have large headsizes. look at all of the yonex pros that play with ezone. they are all girls. while the vcores are players sticks. you have to make your own power with them. ,

Spoken like a man determined to remain a bachelor :) .

rdis10093
11-18-2012, 05:57 PM
ezone is more for the modern game, the frames are more wide body than smaller beams.

verite
11-18-2012, 08:18 PM
I've demoed both (for a short period of time). They are both GREAT sticks.

My feeling:

Ezone - More power, more control, much better comfort. Bigger sweet spot.

Vcore - Much more spin. Felt more maneuverable. Feels more similar to a Babolat style racquet.

It's a tough call - I'm going to keep demoing, but if I had to choose I'd go with the Ezone.

You Can't Be Serious
11-18-2012, 08:35 PM

Richard Barankis, No. 72, ezone xi

KFwinds
11-18-2012, 09:41 PM
which is better for doubles play and serve and volley play ?

I don't know that I could say that one or the other would be "better" for dubs or s/v; the Vcore and the Ezone are not far off in weight and balance. Between the two it comes down to power and comfort. The Ezone has more of both. I haven't had any of the control issues that some have claimed with the Ezone. It's just an easier, more comfortable frame to use than the Vcore.

martini1
11-19-2012, 12:34 AM
vcore for men
ezone for chicks

But the pj is just the opposite!

tistrapukcipeht
11-21-2012, 01:43 PM

Brainless answer to say the least.

Did you forget about Kerber/Lisicki and Wozniacki, aren't they gals?

AFAIK and said by many here Vcore 95D is a powerful racquet as well, so I guess you just became a girl with no power looking for a powerful racquet.

There is no man's or women's racquet, anything can be used by anybody, however the Vcores do have a more girly colors :wink: