PDA

View Full Version : Customizing a Demo Racquet

PKfan1
11-18-2012, 04:24 AM
Do any of you have some good temporary methods of adding weight to a demo racquet that won't damage the frame?

I am demoing a Prince Exo3 Tour 18x20 and it only weighs 11.0 oz strung and maybe 3pts HL. That seems almost unacceptably skewed from spec. I want to add weight to the handle w/o damaging the grip and there is no trap door.

BruceD
11-18-2012, 06:27 AM
Use whatI use, to balance my own sticks! Nickles!
You could glue, or tape 1 or 2 of them to the butt cap, to make it head-lighter. a nickle weighs 5 grams, so it's an easy way to measure. If you use a glue that could come off with nial polish remover, like Crazy-glue, it should be ok. Just test the remover on a small space first, to see if it dulls the finish.

Pay me if you ever come to Vegas!

Do any of you have some good temporary methods of adding weight to a demo racquet that won't damage the frame?

I am demoing a Prince Exo3 Tour 18x20 and it only weighs 11.0 oz strung and maybe 3pts HL. That seems almost unacceptably skewed from spec. I want to add weight to the handle w/o damaging the grip and there is no trap door.

JDMasFCK
11-18-2012, 03:19 PM

Take off the original overgrip and add however many lead tape you want to the handle of the frame and put back on the original overgrip and voila you have more headlight. if you want even more, add lead tape to the handle and put a leather grip over it and you'll have even more headlight