PDA

View Full Version : New Head Prestige 25th Anniversary Bag

Matchball
11-19-2012, 02:08 PM
I like this a lot.

I wonder when TW will be able to offer it.

http://imageshack.us/a/img826/7452/bagag.jpg

shogun90
11-19-2012, 06:06 PM
This will not be released in the US.

JDMasFCK
11-19-2012, 06:22 PM
TW isn't getting it :( only in europe

sundaypunch
11-19-2012, 06:46 PM
That is a good looking bag.

shogun90
11-19-2012, 07:01 PM
It's already for sale in Asia.

Lefty78
11-19-2012, 07:24 PM
Sharp

Typical it won't be released into their largest target market :confused:

rdis10093
11-19-2012, 07:27 PM
not for sale in usa?

JDMasFCK
11-19-2012, 07:29 PM
Sharp

Typical it won't be released into their largest target market :confused:

I know right? Don't know what Head was thinking :confused:

Francis27
11-19-2012, 07:50 PM
Thats beutiful, is that leather :o?

dhdriver
11-19-2012, 08:18 PM
It's like a black version of the Wimbledon bags... except it doesn't have the legs. Or does it?

shogun90
11-19-2012, 09:44 PM
It's like a black version of the Wimbledon bags... except it doesn't have the legs. Or does it?
No legs. 10 char

dr325i
11-20-2012, 06:13 AM
I'm gonna have to get me one next month in shanghai...

Lefty78
11-20-2012, 07:59 AM
Ha, I knew it. When I saw this bag, the first thought through my head was "dr will have one of those soon".

Fuji
11-20-2012, 09:24 AM
I got mine last night so they dropped here in Canada FYI! :)

-Fuji

mmk
11-20-2012, 10:05 AM
I got mine last night so they dropped here in Canada FYI! :)

-Fuji

Sounds like a reason for us to invade:twisted:

Fuji
11-20-2012, 10:24 AM
Sounds like a reason for us to invade:twisted:

Hahahaha for sure!

-Fuji

A.Motoki.S
11-21-2012, 03:56 PM
geeez that's a nice bag i wish they were being sold in the US

lim
11-21-2012, 04:51 PM
Very nice

2ManyAces
11-25-2012, 05:30 PM
so nice!! want

rev200g
11-29-2012, 09:28 AM
I saw one in Vancouver, Canada at a shop on Nanaimo St. Looks classy yet understated. Very nice! :)

dr325i
01-20-2013, 04:16 PM
Ha, I knew it. When I saw this bag, the first thought through my head was "dr will have one of those soon".

OK, have the bag here with me in Shanghai.
It is beautiful, however, not really functional.
The Protected racket compartment can BARELY fit two rackets.
The middle one is large but absolutely NO pockets, just a big compartment. I assume it is also intended for the rackets -- you could probably fir 5-6 of them.
The third one can fit one, maybe two rackets.
It is a small bag, equivalent of the 6-racket bag, but less functional as there are no pockets for things like wallets, phone, overgrips...

It is nice as it is a limited edition, however, there are MUCH better and functional bags for less...

Lefty78
01-21-2013, 08:12 AM
OK, have the bag here with me in Shanghai.
It is beautiful, however, not really functional.
The Protected racket compartment can BARELY fit two rackets.
The middle one is large but absolutely NO pockets, just a big compartment. I assume it is also intended for the rackets -- you could probably fir 5-6 of them.
The third one can fit one, maybe two rackets.
It is a small bag, equivalent of the 6-racket bag, but less functional as there are no pockets for things like wallets, phone, overgrips...

It is nice as it is a limited edition, however, there are MUCH better and functional bags for less...

Well, at least it looks nice

Matt H.
01-25-2013, 07:57 AM
i'd really love to just one time hear the reasoning from one of these companies when they decide that they're not going to sell an item the US.

We're selling the limited edition racquet in the US...but the matching bag? No, you don't get it.

fundrazer
01-25-2013, 05:06 PM
Yeah, beats me. I got mine mailed over from a shop in Canada. It is a little bit smaller than I expected, but I still like the bag a lot. It's perfect for me since I don't carry as much gear around.

movdqa
01-26-2013, 01:49 PM
I've been looking for a bag for a while. I have a Wilson red/white bag that holds three racquets and gear but it doesn't hold its shape. I was looking for something with sturdier walls and this bag definitely does look sturdier. I looked at Head's lineup of bags and wanted something with red in it as I play with the Prestige line these days. It sounds like this isn't the bag for functionality though but it looks really nice.

dr325i
01-26-2013, 06:08 PM
I've been looking for a bag for a while. I have a Wilson red/white bag that holds three racquets and gear but it doesn't hold its shape. I was looking for something with sturdier walls and this bag definitely does look sturdier. I looked at Head's lineup of bags and wanted something with red in it as I play with the Prestige line these days. It sounds like this isn't the bag for functionality though but it looks really nice.

Well, if you carry 4 rackets balls, towels and drinks, than, it is OK -- the rackets can fit in two "side" compartments and the middle, big one, can carry the rest.
I carry tapes, overgtips, lead tape, wrist bands, extra shirts, little things that I like to put in small side pockets that this bag is missing...

movdqa
01-26-2013, 06:23 PM
Sounds like it would be enough. I usually bring two racquets, one can of balls, two 1-quart water bottles, lead tape, overgrips and one or two shirts. It's probably bigger than I need. The Wilson bag holds my stuff and it's probably smaller - it just doesn't hold its shape.

dr325i
01-26-2013, 06:27 PM
Sounds like it would be enough. I usually bring two racquets, one can of balls, two 1-quart water bottles, lead tape, overgrips and one or two shirts. It's probably bigger than I need. The Wilson bag holds my stuff and it's probably smaller - it just doesn't hold its shape.

Never mind...don't have the bag any more...

audioaffliction
01-30-2013, 01:29 AM
The bag is pretty, but as dr325i said, it's not very functional. This drives me crazy because Head already has bag designs that are far more thoughtful in terms of interior and exterior utility pockets. I ended up buying a small travel kit bag from my local pharmacy for $20 to hold my grips and other small items that I don't want to fish around for in the bottom of the bag.

That said, there are a couple of nice things about this bag. It's well made and the outer hard shell isn't just protective—it carries some of the weight of stuff inside the bag so that it actually feels less heavy even when fully loaded. I personally find the bag very comfortable to carry—a surprise for me, because I normally dislike the dual shoulder strap style vs the regular backpack straps (as typically found on Wilson bags.)

At the end of the day, I think this bag is really for the Prestige enthusiasts (suckers.) And yes, I'm one of them. It's the 25th anniversary of the Prestige and I got my very first one, a TXP, for my 14th birthday, 25 years ago. Couldn't resist. :D

StringingIrvine
10-29-2013, 09:23 AM
I just got this bag and its amazing! Its true that it only has 3 main compartments with no deviders but i usually put things in big freezer bags anyway.

I've been looking for one at a decent price since i'm in the US, but was able to snag one off string forum classifieds, i could not be happier!