PDA

View Full Version : Dimitrov to train in Stockholm

davced1
11-20-2012, 05:20 AM
Grigor Dimitrov will move to Stockholm and train in the academy "Good To Great" run by Magnus Norman, Nicklas Kulti och Mikael Tillström. I think this is great news and it may be the start of something good not only for Dimitrov but for Swedish tennis too!

http://www.svd.se/sport/nye-federer-flyttar-till-sverige_7682222.svd

Sorry I posted this in the wrong section.

loci
11-27-2012, 08:56 AM
Dimitrov believes that he's Roger Federer 2.0 but he can't pull off the same shots.
If he ever finds the right fit in terms of a coach someone should teach him to develop a game that has it's own identity.

t135
11-27-2012, 07:04 PM
Norman would be good for him

Nostradamus
11-27-2012, 07:33 PM
Norman would be good for him

yea good for choking

InspectorRacquet
11-27-2012, 07:59 PM
Dimitrov believes that he's Roger Federer 2.0 but he can't pull off the same shots.
If he ever finds the right fit in terms of a coach someone should teach him to develop a game that has it's own identity.

Federer and Dimitrov had the same coach. The coach wouldn't bother to teach anyone anything other than the strokes that created the GOAT (subjective as far as GOAT, but nonetheless the strokes worked for Fed, so why not Dinitrov?)

Dimitrov isn't copying anyone. It just so happens the coach doesn't teach forty different strokes for forty different folks.

t135
11-28-2012, 08:15 PM
yea good for choking

:-) maybe so but Norman was known as a hard working dude

SoBad
11-28-2012, 08:24 PM
Sounds like a good move - he can get away from the fan mob scene and practice tennis a little bit. rock strongo is opening a new joint, maybe Dimitrov can eat there too...

BLXUtekPuredriveO3
01-09-2013, 06:15 PM
I feel sorry for people in stockholm

SwankPeRFection
01-10-2013, 08:42 AM

Amazing shots are all about chance and circumstance. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bhl_tV6AOTE

In Basel of all places... I guess the Swiss had something to watch this year instead of Fed. ;)

corners
01-10-2013, 09:07 AM
I think Dimitrov is the type of player that some people will criticize and say, "What has he done?!" until he wins a Grand Slam. And I think that shows how obvious is his great potential. He looked significantly improved in Brisbane, is very nice to watch, and I hope he can put it all together to silence his critics sooner rather than later. But given how long it took Murray to win a slam, I think Grigor will be criticized for a few more years at least.

DownTheLineWith90
01-10-2013, 09:42 AM
Off topic, but BLXUtekPuredrive03, I frickin love your name.

ShoeShiner
01-10-2013, 02:11 PM
Dimitrov should find a girlfriend who is WTA player that she can guide him some aspects of living in tours, like Mirka has done with Federer. Sharapova might not be a good choice. :):):)