PDA

View Full Version : Viva La Volandri

Tennusdude
11-22-2012, 09:24 AM
Volandri has won over 3 MILLION DOLLARS and reached 25th in the world all with a racket strung at 26 pounds! And they said it couldnt be done!!!! :)

Tennusdude
11-22-2012, 02:37 PM
Volandri beat Roger Federer in Rome! Here is video which shows some of the match. Again his racket was strung at 26 pounds.
I believe Federer had won 3 slams that same year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJn1iljsOqo&feature=related

airdupont
11-22-2012, 07:32 PM
But then Federer never got banned due to illegal drugs use and gambling :-)

Tennusdude
11-23-2012, 02:29 PM
But then Federer never got banned due to illegal drugs use and gambling :-)

Unfortunately you did not get your facts straight

Volandri had earlier come under suspicion for betting and match fixing and his name featured prominently in a list compiled by the ATP of matches under suspicion for corruption.[2]

In January 2009 Volandri received a 3-month ban from the ATP for a doping offence after testing positive for salbutamol during on March 13, 2008 at the Indian Wells tournament.[3] Volandri did have a medical exemption from the International Tennis Federation to use salbutamol, an asthma medication, but the ITF deemed that his use of the drug was beyond therapeutic needs. His suspension was to last through April 14, 2009 and required him to forfeit all prize money and ranking points earned from the date of the failed test until the beginning of his suspension.[4]

In March 2009 the Court of Arbitration for Sport overruled the ATP decision and ruled that Volandri should be reinstated and his forfeited ranking points and earnings returned to him. Volandri stated that he intends to sue the ATP over the incident.[

Samuka
11-24-2012, 03:49 AM
The sound of his shots is totally different. One day I'll try 26 pounds ...

Tennusdude
11-24-2012, 04:46 AM
The sound of his shots is totally different. One day I'll try 26 pounds ...

Go for it! You may be surprised that with a full bed of poly or even hybrid the difference wont be as extreme as you thought. The first thing you will notice is more depth and net clearance on your shots. The sweetspot of the racket will also be larger. You will be able to put return balls that you can barely reach more forcefully. It may take a bit of adjustment which most human being are adverse to, but its definitely worth a try if you have a little patience.

Rozroz
11-24-2012, 11:33 AM
Go for it! You may be surprised that with a full bed of poly or even hybrid the difference wont be as extreme as you thought. The first thing you will notice is more depth and net clearance on your shots. The sweetspot of the racket will also be larger. You will be able to put return balls that you can barely reach more forcefully. It may take a bit of adjustment which most human being are adverse to, but its definitely worth a try if you have a little patience.

i'm eager to try it on my next stringing.
what are your specs ATM? strings? stick?

Samuka
11-24-2012, 12:11 PM
Is very crazy ... I'll try AP with 26 pounds

Cheers

airdupont
11-24-2012, 12:48 PM
Wherever there's fire....look at cyclists....they all say they have astma