PDA

View Full Version : The volkl C 10 2012

TennisMD
11-23-2012, 01:12 PM
So have the old tour 10 gen 2 wearing down, volkl is a solid rkt how would you compare 10 with old gen 2, especially on serve

corners
11-23-2012, 02:07 PM
So have the old tour 10 gen 2 wearing down, volkl is a solid rkt how would you compare 10 with old gen 2, especially on serve

Can't answer your Q, but just wanted to point out that the C10 is on sale today. (You probably had noticed, but...)

Chris at TW is very high on the C10, BTW: http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=443463&highlight=chris+c10

gonzalocatalino
11-23-2012, 05:20 PM
ive played the gen2 for 2 years some time ago, one of my all time favorite. After years playing with pogs and prestiges, im back with Volkl, specifically with the C10 Pro (2008).
They are not the same racquet, but i doubt you will have trouble making the switch.

The Gen2 is a bit stiffer and sluggish, and the C10 is more comfortable and fast. Maybe less stable, but both have that great touch and volkl feel.

With todays tw sale price on the C10, dont think twice!

fuzz nation
11-24-2012, 04:48 AM
I've used the C10 for a few years, but I also considered the Tour 10 Gen. 2 along the way. The C10 gave me a little more heft and stability behind the ball, which was a plus for me because I go to the net on a regular basis. I also tune my C10's with some lead on the handles to get them balanced more HL where I like them. While they might have a little more inherent beef on board compared with the T 10 G 2, I don't think this is an issue in terms of being able to tune in more maneuverability.

The peculiar thing about the C10 is the flex in its hoop - it can seem noticeably more "tip dead" than than other frames with more stiffness through their heads (including the T10G2). This isn't a bad thing, but it makes the C10 a little unique - I believe that this hoop flex actually magnifies the softer ride that the C10 can deliver. It's been the most cozy hitter I've ever used and has never bothered my arm despite my hitting a one-handed backhand, etc. While the T10G2 is probably also rather soft, it probably doesn't have a feel or response that's identical to the C10. If you might like a little more substance in your racquet, the C10 should be a great alternative.

tball
11-24-2012, 09:05 AM
C10 is different. It is softer and heavier. The serve will be weaker.
T10 Gen 2 is lighter, stiffer and more maneuverable. It is not as pleasant as C10, but more effective in matches. It generates better spin and better serve.

Feel and precision-wise, C10 is better. If you like delicate shots and precise placement, C10 is hard to beat -- of all racquets. T10 is better for power and spin.

Becker Legend feels closer to T10 Gen 2 than C10. Legend is 18x20, so less spin, but it has better stability on off center hits (if you have them, and they bother you).

TennisMD
11-24-2012, 03:32 PM
Thanks for the responses tball and ganza have opposite opinions on which swings faster. I am interested in serve potential

gonzalocatalino
11-24-2012, 05:24 PM
Thanks for the responses tball and ganza have opposite opinions on which swings faster. I am interested in serve potential

I could be wrong because ive played the T10G2 4 years ago, but depends on what version you have (there was some differences in SW in the first realese of this frame and the latest. If im right, you can identify the version looking at the color of the "midplus" letters on the frame. I think RED was the latest, and BLACK the first batch).

If you can handle a 12+ player frame, you will adjust your swing and youll not have any problem serving bombs.

TennisMD
11-24-2012, 07:24 PM
I could be wrong because ive played the T10G2 4 years ago, but depends on what version you have (there was some differences in SW in the first realese of this frame and the latest. If im right, you can identify the version looking at the color of the "midplus" letters on the frame. I think RED was the latest, and BLACK the first batch).

If you can handle a 12+ player frame, you will adjust your swing and youll not have any problem serving bombs.

Yes play 12 oz+ rkts, thanks for feedback