PDA

View Full Version : Bring on Tennis Season

EaGamer
11-26-2012, 05:49 PM
I don't think I've gone from 0-60 this quickly in my life ever, just two months ago I was sitting around my house playing video games (hence the username) and living life.

Now, I have a part-time job working three days a week, obtained a gym membership just yesterday and today signed up for tennis lessons. I'm trying to take all the strides possible to prepare myself for the fourth and final year of my high-school tennis career. Best part? Our Varsity team has the best chance to make it to team state since it's founding and I have to vie for a spot on Varsity.

Don't get me wrong, we aren't some all-star team, everything's just fallen into place, some seniors have left other competitive school, we have five seniors and one junior on our top six, and to top it all off I don't think we could be any closer as friends.

The reason I'm telling you all this is to spark some high-school tennis memories you may have all had, I'm really looking forward to these lessons, and getting myself into shape for a memorable season, getting goosebumps just typing this.

Can't wait. :)

LeeD
11-26-2012, 06:04 PM
It's the start of the tennis season for me also, but I"ve been out of high school now for 48 years.
The teamwork is missed for sure, but tennis is supposed to be an individual sport. Just work on that second serve, and return of serves.

EaGamer
11-27-2012, 05:19 PM
Just work on that second serve, and return of serves.

Best advice one can give to a high-school player, it's ridiculous how many points can be lost because of these two things.