PDA

View Full Version : free rogers cup tickets IF....

tom-selleck
08-16-2005, 11:43 AM
anyone in toronto (TD plaza downtown), you can get free $50 or $100 tickets (wasn't sure if $50 x 2 tickets, or $100 ticket x 2) to rogers cup if you can take 2 of 3 points off a former NCAA professional. and the guy mostly keeps the ball in play.

i won 1 of first 2 points and had a decent chance at passing shot for 3rd point but choked.... and i think they'll be there the rest of the week

one guy out of 25 i saw got tix and a few others (myself being one) came close.... not horrendously difficult, although they seemed to want to tighten the rules against the better players (of course, i set them straight, same rules for all players)

tennis4losers
08-16-2005, 05:49 PM
WoW! tom too bad you couldn't win. So did you just ponder into the plaza in toronto with your rackets? or was it in the paper?

tom-selleck
08-17-2005, 06:56 AM
WoW! tom too bad you couldn't win. So did you just ponder into the plaza in toronto with your rackets? or was it in the paper?

i'm not sure if you could bring your own racquet, or if it's like a carny game where you have to use their equipment... the racquet was crappp, although i think the pro was playing with the same racquet... just wander by the north-east corner of TD plaza. not sure if it's on every day this week so don't go too far out of your way to get there, and the guy is not easy to beat.

i'll give it another try today if they are still there... i'm almost certain they'll be there friday trying to drum up ticket sales for the weekend.

tennis4losers
08-18-2005, 01:43 PM
oh. WEll good luck

goober
08-18-2005, 07:33 PM
anyone in toronto (TD plaza downtown), you can get free $50 or $100 tickets (wasn't sure if $50 x 2 tickets, or $100 ticket x 2) to rogers cup if you can take 2 of 3 points off a former NCAA professional. and the guy mostly keeps the ball in play.

What's an NCAA pro? I thought NCAA players were all amateurs.

3 point seems really short. Do you get to serve or your opponent?

Interesting idea, but they should made it at least one game.

tom-selleck
08-19-2005, 08:08 AM
What's an NCAA pro? I thought NCAA players were all amateurs.

3 point seems really short. Do you get to serve or your opponent?

Interesting idea, but they should made it at least one game.

former NCAA player (cinncinnati bearcat) who is now a pro.... i seem to minimize words when i post on the net... but you are correct..

they are "rally" points, no serve... a guy tosses you the ball to start... the pro isn't trying too hard, just keeping the ball in play...

have missed it the last few days.... but they had a target hitting competition with your serve. 5 serves, hit 2 targets and you win tix. it looked easy, i got 4 serves in, but only hit one target.... the targets looked big, but i suppose the open space was big too.

goober
08-19-2005, 08:14 AM
former NCAA player (cinncinnati bearcat) who is now a pro.... i seem to minimize words when i post on the net... but you are correct..

they are "rally" points, no serve... a guy tosses you the ball to start... the pro isn't trying too hard, just keeping the ball in play...

Oh well if that is the case, he can pretty much decide who to let win if he is a 6.5-7.0 player. I would probably try to surprise him with a drop shot to get a cheap point and hope he is feeling lazy.

tom-selleck
08-19-2005, 02:27 PM
Oh well if that is the case, he can pretty much decide who to let win if he is a 6.5-7.0 player. I would probably try to surprise him with a drop shot to get a cheap point and hope he is feeling lazy.

surface is really awful, racquets and balls are awful, so there's definitely some variability... the guy is definintely beatable as he is not giving anywhere near 100%.... they changed pro's though, the new guy seemed to try harder.