PDA

View Full Version : Tennis Twist machine for my volleys?

DonDiego
12-02-2012, 11:59 AM
Hi guys,
First take a look at this video of the Tennis Twist, the cheapest ball machine on the market.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6Vibw_hUfI

I'm thinking: yeah, 15mph is ridiculous. But would this machine still help me improve my volleys? I'm a 3.5 borderline 4.0, and I'm really having a hard time with my BH volleys, they're not crisp, and I think it has something to do with my contact point (among other things). Anyways, I thought if I'd position myself closer to the machine and tilt it so that it would throw a decent ball to my backhand, it could help my volleys.

Another benefit: I could use it in my basement (I live in Canada and renting an indoor court during winter is expensive).

What do you think?
Thanks!

Bergboy123
12-02-2012, 03:50 PM
Personally I wouldn't waste the money. Seems so small and dinky, too much time spent picking up the few balls it can hold, plus like you said 15 mph doesn't really emulate real tennis at all.

You'd be worlds better off if you could just volley back and forth wit a real person every couple days. Heck I kinda feel like trying to volley off a wall might be more productive than using that machine.

If I ever bought a ball machine I would want to set aside enough to make the purchase not only productive, but useful for more than just one thing.

Just my personal opinion, take it with a grain of salt.

DonDiego
12-02-2012, 04:03 PM
Sorry, I also posted this thread in the machine/equipment/stuff section.
I thought it would be hard for members to see it but I was wrong, many people answered. Please join us.