PDA

View Full Version : Harrison's actual racquet specs ?

geekydeveloper
12-11-2012, 08:24 AM
No way he's really using this low powered racquet, what is he's racquet specs ?

vsbabolat
12-11-2012, 09:10 AM
Yeah, Harrison really uses the Pure Storm Limited.

geekydeveloper
12-11-2012, 11:01 AM

How did he modified it ?

Blaxican10s
12-11-2012, 06:06 PM
How did he modified it ?

It's probably leaded up big time w/ some silicone in the handle.

geekydeveloper
12-14-2012, 07:46 AM
It's probably leaded up big time w/ some silicone in the handle.

where he puts the lead and how much ?

2ManyAces
12-14-2012, 01:24 PM
I know it has like 8 grommets at the throat. I saw that a few years ago.

I seem to remember he used a super heavy racquet.

Babolat Official
12-16-2012, 04:41 PM

Actually, Ryan recently switched to the Pure Storm Tour. Still tweaking exact customization.

drakulie
12-16-2012, 04:51 PM
Harrison uses a custom layup. We strung his frames last year at Delray, and Babolat didn't even have grommets for it. We were provided individual grommets for his racquet, which was all blacked out.

Here is link to thread:
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=372144

Harrison's prototype Babolat Frames (notice all the grommets)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v736/drakulie/Delray%20ATP%20International%202011/P2200626.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v736/drakulie/Delray%20ATP%20International%202011/P2200624.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v736/drakulie/Delray%20ATP%20International%202011/P2200625.jpg

NLBwell
12-16-2012, 05:57 PM
Is is a lot harder to string the racket with individual grommets? Looks like you have to line up each one.

drakulie
12-16-2012, 06:20 PM
^^yes, it was a pain because you have to hold each one in place while tension is pulled so it doesn't mis-align.

db10s
12-16-2012, 06:59 PM
^^yes, it was a pain because you have to hold each one in place while tension is pulled so it doesn't mis-align.

I remember being a ballboy for him there and I saw that and thought "what the! Thats not normal!"

gavna
12-16-2012, 07:52 PM

Thought he dumped that frame after Delray?

Here in Houston in April and at Roland Garros he was using the PSL with the normal grommets.......funny story at the US Clay: he arrived from Davis Cup in France he had been given the wrong gauge (he was given 17G and not the 16G he wanted) of strings from Babolat and he (well his coach) had to make a run to a local Tennis Retailer to swap out the sets.

His normal set up was PHT mains and VS Gut crosses at 59lbs both 16G in Houston.

Nostradamus
12-16-2012, 08:02 PM
What ? Where is the Woofer tech ? This doesn't look like babolat to me. It looks like blacked out Wilson

Doubles
12-16-2012, 08:24 PM
What ? Where is the Woofer tech ? This doesn't look like babolat to me. It looks like blacked out Wilson

Well, you're wrong.

Cup8489
12-16-2012, 08:50 PM
Well, you're wrong.

Just ignore fedace. Trolling only. He's not really that dumb.

bjk
12-17-2012, 02:29 AM
Fedace is now Nostradamus?

bjk
12-17-2012, 02:35 AM
So did Harrison drill holes in a PST? Or is that frame made custom for him by Babolat?

gavna
12-17-2012, 08:55 PM
So did Harrison drill holes in a PST? Or is that frame made custom for him by Babolat?

That was an experimental frame he used for a few weeks in 2011 at the start of the season......but overall has been using the PSLtd (including the original black orange model pre 2008) with the normal woofer grommets. He likes old school sticks and has been pretty stubborn not wanting to switch - ( his brother Christian also was a PSLtd user until this summer when he took the plunge with the Pure Drive) My daughter was at academy for almost 2 years at the same time as them and Ryno has a tendency to leave plenty of busted sticks in his wake:)
In fact there are plenty of pics of Harrison online where you can plainly see he is using a PSLtd and the normal grommets and woofer.

At IMG a few weeks ago he was on court hitting with a Storm Tour so don't be surprised if at the start of the season that's what he is toting.......

Babolat Official
12-21-2012, 04:15 PM
That was an experimental frame he used for a few weeks in 2011 at the start of the season......but overall has been using the PSLtd (including the original black orange model pre 2008) with the normal woofer grommets. He likes old school sticks and has been pretty stubborn not wanting to switch - ( his brother Christian also was a PSLtd user until this summer when he took the plunge with the Pure Drive) My daughter was at academy for almost 2 years at the same time as them and Ryno has a tendency to leave plenty of busted sticks in his wake:)
In fact there are plenty of pics of Harrison online where you can plainly see he is using a PSLtd and the normal grommets and woofer.

At IMG a few weeks ago he was on court hitting with a Storm Tour so don't be surprised if at the start of the season that's what he is toting.......

Correct, he will be using a custom weighted PST to start 2013. Not sure on specs yet.

Fuji
12-21-2012, 06:33 PM
Correct, he will be using a custom weighted PST to start 2013. Not sure on specs yet.

Are you even aloud to talk about custom specs???

-Fuji

SandV
12-27-2012, 07:55 AM
Through USO '12, Ryan used a Babolat pro frame that copied the specs of the Wilson [K] Six.One 95, 18x20. After t the USO, he switched to a Bab pro frame 98 sq., 18x20. He has 10 grams of lead at 12 o'clock. Don't know any more of the specs.

gavna
01-01-2013, 05:17 PM
Through USO '12, Ryan used a Babolat pro frame that copied the specs of the Wilson [K] Six.One 95, 18x20. After t the USO, he switched to a Bab pro frame 98 sq., 18x20. He has 10 grams of lead at 12 o'clock. Don't know any more of the specs.

Harry has been using the Pure Storm Limited (and it's previous incarnations) since we was at least 14. no secret Babolat had been pushing gently to get him to switch to another stick....this late fall he started using a Pure Strom Tour spec'd out to him (similar to his PSLtd setup). It will be interesting to see if the 98 will help him.

His string set up with the PSLtd's was Pro Hurricane Tour/VS Gut both 16L at 58 to 60lbs depending on court conditions - I'm sure that has been adjusted a bit with the switch to the Storm Tour.

Christian Harrison was also testing an all black Babolat frame a few months ago as well but went with the Pure Drive.

jepriy
01-02-2013, 10:46 AM
any reason why Babolat made Ryan switch to Pure Storm Tour? I've noticed lately that a lot of players have moved to it

e.g
Vesnina, U. Radwanska, etc

gavna
01-02-2013, 07:57 PM
No one "makes" them do anything.......the PSLimited is a very very customer specific frame and many shops won't carry it or if they do its in very limited quantities so a manufacturer will do all possible to get a more marketable stick into a pros hands. Lots of gentle pushing -

Bottom line is they want pros to use what they can sell.

jepriy
01-04-2013, 09:33 AM
No one "makes" them do anything.......the PSLimited is a very very customer specific frame and many shops won't carry it or if they do its in very limited quantities so a manufacturer will do all possible to get a more marketable stick into a pros hands. Lots of gentle pushing -

Thanks for this. Makes total sense.

I used the PSLtd and it's an excellent racket. It's just sad that another pro left this line of fine rackets.

christo
01-04-2013, 11:48 PM
I love my PSLtd, reminds me of a Prestige with a much better handle:)

gavna
01-05-2013, 05:01 AM
If you can get your hands in one here in the states the PSLtd + is even a better stick.......I understand it's being phased out for 2013 as well but it's a bit stiffer and firmer than the regular PSLtd.

I was at Newks last week and it's funny how 2/3 of the pros are using the PSLtd there! They also made mention that the Harrison family had passed by and visited (as Ryan lives in Austin he drops by Newks on a regular basis) and Christian also had the mysterious new All Black demo frame (18 x 20 std beam) Ryan had already tested this fall - its NOT the bizarro stick that he tried at the Delray event with those goofy grommets.
What the pros saw at Newks was Ryan with a Pure Storm Tour customized and Christian with the Pure Drive.

PKfan1
01-08-2013, 03:42 AM

Except for the fact that 99.9% of customers at a tennis shop have no clue what specific model a player is using aside from the children, and they can only recognize the line. They can't tell a PD from a PD Roddick or a PS Tour from a PS Team or LTD. Furthermore 90% of the customers that come into a tennis shop don't know who Ryan Harrison is.