PDA

View Full Version : Im a headcase

Headshotterer
12-21-2012, 08:57 PM
My problem is my anxiety disorder. When Im in a good mood, not giving any ****s, I can be a very good player and consistent. However, my mind is my worst enemy. When I get nervous, I forget how to play tennis, my serve goes away, I feel like im wearing cement shoes.

Would would be the best way to solve this...more practice, hoping Im on a good mood or idk?

sansaephanh
12-22-2012, 02:34 AM
Confidence. A bazillion drills and the support of people around you. Anxiety disorder complicates more then just tennis, I highly recommend a therapist or some sort of mental awareness training.

I'm a headcase as well. Overly nervous and a push over at times. Give away sets for sentiments. Once I go downhill I can't stop until i hit rock bottom. I've been working on it via things i'd rather not talk about, but just being positive and confident would change the world around you.

Bagumbawalla
12-22-2012, 08:42 AM
Confidence is knowing you can rely on your shots, your tactics, movement and fitness. You can come to depend on those things through practice, drills, training...

Also, if you are tense you will play poorly (for many reasons)- so if the choice is to be tense and lose or relax a bit and see what happens- I would choose to relax and enjoy the experience.

Having said that, sometimes, no matter how confident you may feel, how relaxed you play, no matter how sharp your skills- the other guy may be having a better day- all you can do is learn from the experience and make changes/improvements as necessary.