PDA

View Full Version : tennis in slovakia/eastern europe

Reza
08-17-2005, 08:24 PM
I am a 4.5-5.0 player and will be moving to slovakia for at least a year or so soon. I have spoken with a few people who know about hockey over in eastern europe and I have heard that a hockey player of equivalent level would have difficulty finding equal competition and I was wondering what kind of tennis life I could expect. I will be doing well by eastern european standards, but will be no more than a middle class prson with little money to spend on recreation. If anyone knows what kind of tennis life I can expect when I go to Slovakia, I would appreciate it. ALso, I do have a pretty good understanding of the slovakian language, so responses in Slovak are welcome. Thanks.

Reza
08-20-2005, 11:27 PM
anyone, anyone?

p3k
08-21-2005, 05:13 AM
hi reza,

i can proudly tell you that i'm from the hearth of eastern slovakia:) personally, i think the level here is quite alright, at the european under 16 championships in italy couple of weeks ago a slovak won and another one lost in semis, there are a lot of talented guys here. i'm ranked in the top ten, i know everybody who means something here. whatever help is needed just contact me:)
sveterpeter@pobox.sk

Marius_Hancu
08-21-2005, 08:08 AM
the level of coaching and competition in the Czech Republic and Slovakia should be quite high

I am not sure how the current facilities are , but there's a huge tennis tradition there.