PDA

View Full Version : I hereby challenge anyone on this forum to water tennis!

Mick3391
12-30-2012, 06:10 PM
That's right, I'm the greatest water tennis player of all time.

You can have Nadal as the greatest Clay player, or Fed hard, or Sampras grass, I'm the best water court player.

If you think Clay is slow, try playing here in Seattle, little puddles here and there, ball incredibly slow, or sometimes skips like a rock on the lake, have to account for that! Also if you move, make your movements very steady as water is slippery, wait I'm giving away my secrets.

Since my son and I are the only "Die Hards" on the courts, I can only presume we are the only ones practicing on the water. .

So let's get it on, I'm the king of water tennis:)

Ronaldo
12-30-2012, 06:18 PM
Can you, Poseidon, handle the Truth, Iced Tennis?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRo5TAG5Y20

luvforty
12-30-2012, 06:30 PM
water - no biggie... doing that all the time.. the fun part is watching the ball flying like a sprinkler head after it bounces.... or hit a slice serve watching it spraying water horizontally.... best use bold balls so they don't double in size.. focus on volley practice

ice - haven't tried.... looks fun though.

snow - when the ground is really cold and dry, and the first quarter inch of fresh powder drops on it... the court plays like hartru.

Ronaldo
12-30-2012, 06:49 PM
water - no biggie... doing that all the time.. the fun part is watching the ball flying like a sprinkler head after it bounces.... or hit a slice serve watching it spraying water horizontally.... best use bold balls so they don't double in size.. focus on volley practice

ice - haven't tried.... looks fun though.

snow - when the ground is really cold and dry, and the first quarter inch of fresh powder drops on it... the court plays like hartru.

Wished the balls bounced as well.

slowfox
12-30-2012, 07:12 PM
Just don't string with natural gut...

Mick3391
12-30-2012, 07:15 PM

That's funny! No I'd get killed under those conditions.

Heh, tennis is "Evolving", right? France has Roland Garros, maybe I should do a Seattle GS and be champ:) At least the first year until people figure out water skips, it's a whole new industry, new shoes, moves, racquets, I think I'm on to something

Mick3391
12-30-2012, 07:16 PM

That's funny! No I'd get killed under those conditions.

Heh, tennis is "Evolving", right? France has Roland Garros, maybe I should do a Seattle GS and be champ:) At least the first year until people figure out water skips, it's a whole new industry, new shoes, moves, racquets, I think I'm on to something!

skuludo
12-31-2012, 12:05 PM
That's right, I'm the greatest water tennis player of all time.

You can have Nadal as the greatest Clay player, or Fed hard, or Sampras grass, I'm the best water court player.

If you think Clay is slow, try playing here in Seattle, little puddles here and there, ball incredibly slow, or sometimes skips like a rock on the lake, have to account for that! Also if you move, make your movements very steady as water is slippery, wait I'm giving away my secrets.

Since my son and I are the only "Die Hards" on the courts, I can only presume we are the only ones practicing on the water. .

So let's get it on, I'm the king of water tennis:)

You are not the only one who has played water tennis. I can play on water too at full running speed and balance. Playing on water at 100% kills my tennis shoes from the rough hard court surface when I slide into my shots. On the wet courts I can get to shots that I normally when the court is dry. I've also played when it was raining. After I was done it was like I jumped into a river. I was completly soaked.

Michael Chang played water tennis too, but he got injured doing that.

Mick3391
12-31-2012, 01:30 PM
You are not the only one who has played water tennis. I can play on water too at full running speed and balance. Playing on water at 100% kills my tennis shoes from the rough hard court surface when I slide into my shots. On the wet courts I can get to shots that I normally when the court is dry. I've also played when it was raining. After I was done it was like I jumped into a river. I was completly soaked.

Michael Chang played water tennis too, but he got injured doing that.

OK, I have one challenger:) Wait if you can play full running speed and BALANCE, you'd got me.

I'll be your promoter for the new Seattle GS, water court!