PDA

View Full Version : Black Socks + White Shoes?

K!ck5w3rvE
05-08-2004, 02:11 AM
Black Socks + White Shoes? Do you like them together or not?

robbie_dademo
05-08-2004, 04:21 AM
nah im not a fan of the look sorry

Morpheus
05-08-2004, 04:50 AM
It's okay if you're shorts are plaid, your shoes are loafers, and your firing up the barbie with some of your over 40 friends, but come on, black socks just ain't cool.

Kevin T
05-08-2004, 06:41 AM
It's cool Danel. Don't listen to the old farts of the boards. Just look where the trends are started (basketball, soccer, football, skaters) and you'll see plenty of black/green/blue/whatever sock/shoe combos. If it was up to the older guys, we'd all still be wearing striped tube socks and grape smugglers.

perfmode
05-08-2004, 07:21 AM
As long as your black socks match your shirt. My shorts always match my shoes and my shirt matches my socks. Call me a pretty boy.

Capt. Willie
05-08-2004, 12:34 PM
If it was up to the older guys, we'd all still be wearing striped tube socks and grape smugglers. Okay, I'm one of those old guys and I did wear striped tube socks back in the 70s (which was cool than) but I have no clue what "grape smugglers" are...someone care to enlighten me? As for black socks, I recently bought some to wear with my black Barricade III. I guess they look cool with them but I'm still not 100% sold on it...just seems wrong. I can still remember my old Phys Ed teacher who made us line up at the start of class and if we weren't in proper gym uniform (T-shirt, gym shorts, athletic supporter, WHITE socks and sneakers) we would lose points towards our final grade. As for black socks with white shoes, I'd personally never do it...but I understand the so-called fashion experts say it is okay as long as the socks match the shirt or shorts. Maybe 'Queer Eye For The Straight Guy' should do an episode dressing a tennis player...that might be interesting.

Morpheus
05-08-2004, 02:09 PM
Do you guys really think that much about how you look on the court? (matching shirts and socks, indeed!).

I just throw on whatever is clean and play. Even so, black socks are just plain wrong.

perfmode
05-08-2004, 02:14 PM
Do you guys really think that much about how you look on the court? (matching shirts and socks, indeed!).

I just throw on whatever is clean and play. Even so, black socks are just plain wrong.
If you want to pick up beautiful young tennis girls, you gotta present yourself accordingly. You think I dress up for the men? Tennis girls have sexy, lean legs and firm butts. I skeet all over the baseline when they are around. :oops:

Feņa14
05-08-2004, 02:28 PM
I wear all black.

Sergio Tacchini top (with the white & red polka dots down the side)
Segio Tacchini shorts (like Ferrero)
Black socks
Nike Air Zoom Breath shoes (the blue and black ones)

I suppose i'd look silly with white socks.

When it comes to golf then theres another matter. Pink trousers are a must! :wink:

Liam

perfmode
05-08-2004, 04:40 PM
I wear all black.

Sergio Tacchini top (with the white & red polka dots down the side)
Segio Tacchini shorts (like Ferrero)
Black socks
Nike Air Zoom Breath shoes (the blue and black ones)

I suppose i'd look silly with white socks.

When it comes to golf then theres another matter. Pink trousers are a must! :wink:

Liam

You can't wear all black here in the US unless you want to get bake n crispy.

PureCarlosMoyaDrive
05-08-2004, 09:45 PM
First off perfmode, lol with the skeet, hahaaa. But I wear black socks, yes. I normally do it with air court motion white shoes, black socks, white shorts, then a black polo to match it. You can wear black socks with other stuff though, but the shorts normally have to be white I think. I wore black socks with black shorts, didn't really work for me at all.

kreative
05-09-2004, 03:47 AM
ick, i like socks to match shoes, white socks, white shoes and black socks, black shoes.

Morpheus
05-09-2004, 04:36 AM
Hmm, okay, if your out to pick up girls, I suppose you got to look your best. I'll give you that.

Do black socks really work with the ladies?

perfmode
05-09-2004, 06:39 AM
Hmm, okay, if your out to pick up girls, I suppose you got to look your best. I'll give you that.

Do black socks really work with the ladies?

Matching socks work. As long as you look like you put some thought into what you put on, you'll get attention.

KFwinds
05-09-2004, 01:03 PM
Capt. Willie -

"Grape Smugglers": the short tennis shorts from the 70's & 80's that usually fit tight enough to make your "package" area look like you were smuggling a couple of grapes in there :)

Nice one, Kevin T - couldn't stop laughing for several minutes after I read that!

Capt. Willie
05-10-2004, 06:45 PM
Capt. Willie -

"Grape Smugglers": the short tennis shorts from the 70's & 80's that usually fit tight enough to make your "package" area look like you were smuggling a couple of grapes in there :)
Thanks. I never ever heard that term for them.

tennis*bill
05-11-2004, 03:23 PM
i'm an old schooler, but can't stand those 'grape smuggler' shorts. I like em long. Even when I had those black adidas that rios wore many years back, I couldn't wear black socks. It's too hot in the US for black unless you're playing indoors.

Capt. Willie
05-11-2004, 05:36 PM
i'm an old schooler, but can't stand those 'grape smuggler' shorts. I like em long. Even when I had those black adidas that rios wore many years back, I couldn't wear black socks. It's too hot in the US for black unless you're playing indoors. You would swear I've been living in a cave...in all my years I have never once heard anyone use the term 'grape smuggler'. And any time those shorts came up in conversation we would just say "those short tight 70s tennis shorts". As for the Rios shoes (Adidas Top Rank Mid) they were without a doubt the hottest tennis shoes I ever wore.

Morpheus
05-11-2004, 06:04 PM
Grape Smuggler...

http://sport.supereva.it/tennisamarcord.freeweb/photo/nistrom.jpg

drakulie
05-11-2004, 07:19 PM
That is a pretty nasty combination. Imagine seeing a sexy as nurse with black socks and those white nurse shoes.

PureCarlosMoyaDrive
05-11-2004, 07:30 PM
That grape smuggler is so nasty, geeze

KFwinds
05-12-2004, 10:04 AM
Morpheus, that's hilarious!!!

perfect specimen of the "grape smuggler" :)

voltman
05-16-2004, 03:40 PM
I have yet to see any attractive females on my courts. What's up with that?