PDA

View Full Version : Murray's racquet and strings set up?

EastAngels2014
01-14-2013, 04:13 PM
Just wondering if he does use the radical IG or is it just a paint job. and what strings does he use and at what tension?

vsbabolat
01-14-2013, 04:15 PM
It's a paint job. Murray uses the Pro Tour 630 (PT57A for you code lovers!) in 16x19 string pattern.

DownTheLineWith90
01-14-2013, 04:16 PM
Isn't it Natural Gut 16 mains and Lux in the crosses?

EastAngels2014
01-14-2013, 04:17 PM
do you know his string set up?

man_untd11
01-14-2013, 04:24 PM
Isn't it Natural Gut 16 mains and Lux in the crosses?

I thought it was Lux ALU Power (non-rough) mains with Babolat VS Touch 16 crosses? Around 60 lbs?

Adidas_Anderson
01-14-2013, 06:22 PM
I thought it was Lux ALU Power (non-rough) mains with Babolat VS Touch 16 crosses? Around 60 lbs?
yup with the strings , tension depends on climate.

Francis27
01-14-2013, 06:43 PM
If its hot do you string lower or higher? ^^
and those are the strings he use

man_untd11
01-14-2013, 06:46 PM
If its hot do you string lower or higher? ^^
and those are the strings he use

Probably higher since the balls are a bit livelier and fly a bit more when it's hot.

drakulie
01-14-2013, 07:15 PM
PT57A with lux alu power in mains and vs team in crosses.

Rogael Naderer
01-15-2013, 01:47 AM
PT57A with lux alu power in mains and vs team in crosses.

Have you ever thought, like I have, that he may benefit from switching his mains and crosses. Personally I feel everything sans durability is better when the gut is in the mains.

Adidas_Anderson
01-15-2013, 03:26 PM
Have you ever thought, like I have, that he may benefit from switching his mains and crosses. Personally I feel everything sans durability is better when the gut is in the mains.
It's all about feel mate, he might got used to that...
Have not seen you posting for a while...

DownTheLineWith90
01-15-2013, 06:28 PM

Right I got that mixed up, my bad.

drakulie
01-15-2013, 07:41 PM

Oddly, I have and had a long conversation with Nate and Ron of P1 about this, and they agreed putting gut in the mains would be better. That said, the guy just won the Gold Medal and US Open, so who are we to judge. :)

aimr75
01-15-2013, 08:18 PM
Oddly, I have and had a long conversation with Nate and Ron of P1 about this, and they agreed putting gut in the mains would be better. That said, the guy just won the Gold Medal and US Open, so who are we to judge. :)

Hey, drak, off topic, but have you discussed tensions ranges for poly's as far as where they perform best with the P1 guys? Came across this, and curious as to your thoughts:

(remove spaces)

http:// www. guts and glory tennis. com/blog/forum/stringing-techniques/the-definitive-guide-to-stringing-polys-and-co-polys/

drakulie
01-15-2013, 08:25 PM
Hey, drak, off topic, but have you discussed tensions ranges for poly's as far as where they perform best with the P1 guys? Came across this, and curious as to your thoughts:

(remove spaces)

http:// www. guts and glory tennis. com/blog/forum/stringing-techniques/the-definitive-guide-to-stringing-polys-and-co-polys/

We all came to the obvious conclusion that players will tension strings where they are comfortable. Regardless of type of string. There is no "end all be all" for everyone. Take for instance Federer and Joker. Both use gut mains/poly crosses. Both have multiple slams and reached # 1 in the world. Both string at different tension. Need I say more?

As for GG, he is wrong on so many levels regarding stringing I don't know where to start.

aimr75
01-15-2013, 08:43 PM
thanks drak, cheers

Rogael Naderer
01-16-2013, 05:02 AM
It's all about feel mate, he might got used to that...
Have not seen you posting for a while...

I pop up now and then!

Honestly so many times on this forum I write replies and do not end up submitting them, usually insults against trolls or less well mannered posters.

Hope you are well!

Rogael Naderer
01-16-2013, 05:04 AM

He's a big strong guy I guess and gets all he needs from his current setup, I'm sure it helps when you are able to restring so often the feel must be heanenly!