PDA

View Full Version : Novak Djokovic’s New Racket for 2013

centercourt1745
01-24-2013, 07:18 AM
Sorry fans of Djokovic. Unfortunately, Head did a good paint job.
Watching Australia Open photos we realize that the racket that nole is using is not the same as this for sale.
First physically resembles the new and even less in its string pattern.
  The one used by Nole is not shared however the new version on sale Shared Holes: 9H 8H 8T 9T

MattCrosby
01-24-2013, 07:19 AM
We know that he hasnt changed his racket. He just gets a new paintjob

centercourt1745
01-24-2013, 07:24 AM
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-01-01/novak-djokovic-pokes-tongue-during-hopman-cup/4449086

centercourt1745
01-24-2013, 07:26 AM
http://www.google.com.pr/imgres?q=novak+djokovic+2013&hl=es&sa=X&tbo=d&biw=1331&bih=948&tbm=isch&tbnid=vyH9JsNL-Fd4GM:&imgrefurl=http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/australianopen/9810377/Australian-Open-2013-Novak-Djokovic-through-to-fourth-round-after-straight-sets-victory-over-Radek-Stepanek.html&docid=sUv0yG-kLekGzM&imgurl=http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02455/novak_djokovic_2455176b.jpg&w=620&h=388&ei=3FEBUYn4KoO09QTx54DoBg&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=4&vpy=437&dur=264&hovh=177&hovw=284&tx=171&ty=57&sig=113273524242628305628&page=1&tbnh=145&tbnw=233&start=0&ndsp=34&ved=1t:429,r:13,s:0,i:124

dr325i
01-24-2013, 07:57 AM
Watching Australia Open photos we realize that the racket that nole is using is not the same as this for sale.
  The one used by Nole is not shared however the new version on sale Shared Holes: 9H 8H 8T 9T

Wow, really???
He did not really use the G-speed pro??? What about the innegra or youtek, were those also something else hidden behind the pj.

Welcome, great first post. I suggest you search in the future ;)

cluckcluck
01-24-2013, 10:05 AM
Pictures are broken.

West Coast Ace
01-24-2013, 10:35 AM
Whatever it is, works for him.

The mortals on this board should demo sticks based on their skill level, not what their favorite pro's company says he/she uses.

augustobt
01-24-2013, 02:03 PM
I can't see the photos.

JuanTennisFan17
01-24-2013, 02:37 PM
Its g speed

Doubles
01-24-2013, 02:45 PM
Its g speed

It;s actually a Radical, not a Speed.

centercourt1745
01-25-2013, 05:58 AM
http://www.google.com.pr/search?hl=es&q=djokovic%202013&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.&bvm=bv.41524429,d.dmQ&biw=768&bih=928&noj=1&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=yI4CUdXlMuu00AGXjoDACg#biv=i|8;d|Ql1fxAn2FScASM :

Sander001
01-25-2013, 06:01 AM
  The one used by Nole is not shared however the new version on sale Shared Holes: 9H 8H 8T 9TOH NO! What should we do, what's the solution?

gplracer
01-27-2013, 07:57 PM
I hate it that pros use paint jobs. It is just false marketing. I do agree that players should use what works best for them and not just what a pro or someone else is using. I just do not agree with paint jobs. It is shame companies have to use this type of tactic. Lots of kids out there wanting the racket a pro plays with.

Mick3391
01-28-2013, 02:17 PM

I used to think that was just good speculation on this forum. During one of Djokes matches, can't remember, but one of the announcers mentioned Djokes new racquet, the other guy who probably wasn't thinking said "We in (what do you call it, where they test and design new racquets) call that just a new paintjob".

I know my 6.1 BLX 90 is the same as the new PS 6.1 Fed plays, same mold, everything except for paint and the silly grip thing.

Absolute
01-28-2013, 02:48 PM
Head is pretty shameless with their paintjobs, but I love the prestige serie

Doubles
01-28-2013, 02:50 PM
I used to think that was just good speculation on this forum. During one of Djokes matches, can't remember, but one of the announcers mentioned Djokes new racquet, the other guy who probably wasn't thinking said "We in (what do you call it, where they test and design new racquets) call that just a new paintjob".

I know my 6.1 BLX 90 is the same as the new PS 6.1 Fed plays, same mold, everything except for paint and the silly grip thing.

You think Fed is actually using a PSBLX?

Adidas_Anderson
01-28-2013, 03:03 PM
Its sad that you just know that , we knew that all along X(

NickJ
01-29-2013, 05:33 AM
Maybe all the pros should use the same racquet provided by one un-named manufacturer (none of the big boys). No customization allowed, same string, same tension, same grip, same everything. Then we'd see who was the best. But seeing as how this is extremely highly unlikely and I'm putting thousands of racquet company employees out of work (for which i apologise, you can try & claim benefits?? Good luck), then all this talk of paintjobs, is it or isn't it frame X is pointless. Nobody has MY frame, paintjob, strings etc blah blah, so by my calculations, I am the best in the world . . . . with my racquet.

dman72
01-29-2013, 08:01 AM
Do you guys think that Djokovic picked up his Twintube Radical originally because or Agassi, or just because it was what felt best for him at the time?

Either way, he wasn't really using Agassi's racket, whether he thought he was or not.

At my league match just the other night a guy was demoing all these different rackets (played terribly because of it), saying "this is blah blah's racket, this is so and sos...".

I didn't want to be the know it all so I just kept my mouth shut, both about the paint job thing and how the racket wasn't the reason for his losses.

It's more about his first serve % is about 15% and he double faults at least once per service game. Now he's going to spend $200 on some Babolat frame when he'd be better off taking a few lessons on his serve. I can't be too critical because I went through the same learning curve, but I wish someone had given me a good talking to about 5 years ago.

heninfan99
01-29-2013, 08:16 AM
If this is a sympathy/reverse troll then well done!

Otherwise, yeah, it can be disappointing for a fan but you can search and find close to the exact stick & specs he's using and hunt for it.
Years ago I got Head Instincts made in Czech only to learn later that Gasquet uses the XL version.

chris_short1
02-07-2013, 01:00 PM
If this is a sympathy/reverse troll then well done!

Otherwise, yeah, it can be disappointing for a fan but you can search and find close to the exact stick & specs he's using and hunt for it.
Years ago I got Head Instincts made in Czech only to learn later that Gasquet uses the XL version.

ah yeah that's annoying, I saw some pictures of that. Yeah I think it's terrible that pros use different paint jobs, but I guess the companies have to find ways of making money somehow...

YoungLefty
02-08-2013, 12:05 AM
Does it fall under false advertizing?

mxmx
02-08-2013, 12:41 AM
I hate it that pros use paint jobs. It is just false marketing. I do agree that players should use what works best for them and not just what a pro or someone else is using. I just do not agree with paint jobs. It is shame companies have to use this type of tactic. Lots of kids out there wanting the racket a pro plays with.

fully agree

cork_screw
02-08-2013, 01:34 AM
This is pretty common. But I'm more interested why people think that because a player endorses it, would make it worth your time purchasing it. I know you want to *be* michael jordan, but buying nike air's won't make you jump any higher or give you a good fade away.

TheCheese
02-08-2013, 01:41 AM
Djokovic would have to be crazy to switch rackets after the way he's been playing the past few years.

robbo1970
02-08-2013, 04:29 AM
OMG are you telling me that the pro's don't use the same racket I can get at the shops!!!!!!!!

Next you'll be telling me that Pat Rafter had a Prince Precision with a Dunlop 500 paint job!!!

v205
02-08-2013, 11:04 AM
Ah.. the good old days of pro's using the same manufactured racket available to the public.

Max 200G...PS85 etc.

Now the pros use special mold with HM Graphite (rarity) while we public get some ******* mix of graphite (more like plastic).

dr325i
02-09-2013, 07:29 AM
Ah.. the good old days of pro's using the same manufactured racket available to the public.

Max 200G...PS85 etc.

Now the pros use special mold with HM Graphite (rarity) while we public get some ******* mix of graphite (more like plastic).

1) Not all pros used special molds and materials. In fact not many of them do
2) Slightest equipment difference could make a huge difference for a pro, whereas you and I only think it does to us.
3) there is much more behind it :)

Nostradamus
02-09-2013, 07:36 AM

I heard the one that Nole is using is actually not as good as the one in the market. One you can buy at the store is actually better racket.

Nostradamus
02-09-2013, 07:42 AM

Max 200G...PS85 etc.

What is HM graphite ? I thought we get the same graphite material that pros get, just the specs(weight and balance) and string patterns might be different

novak.20v
02-10-2013, 10:12 AM

oh no! no wonder my game hasn't advanced to his level!
everything I know is a lie!

:rolleyes: