PDA

View Full Version : New Figjams

TennsDog
05-08-2004, 11:30 AM
I bought a pair of Figjams (French Open edition) at the beginning of this season. I love them, they are the best tennis shoes I have ever had...sooo comfortable. Only problem is their durability. I tend to drag my toe and, somehow, heel. So these two parts of the outsole are wearing (already through the heel and have plastic exposed). I saw a pair of Figjams on Reebok's website and it said it has some compound for "exceptional durability." I thought they were crazy - the Figjams seem to have about average durability. But then I realized that the toe on the heel had 3 rows of dots where mine and all others I have seen only have 2 rows. Is this a new generation of the Figjams? (I have switched to using my Figjams for matches only and my Barricade II's for practice solely for durability. They are less comfortable and stable.)

dantyem108
05-11-2004, 05:44 PM
do you have a link for the new shoes? I bought the u.s. open pair and have had them for a month and they are already coming apart. Also, if I were you, I would practice with the same shoes I wore in a match.

TennsDog
05-12-2004, 06:03 PM
Old (2 rows of dots):http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/viewlarge.html?PCODE=FFE
New (3 rows of dots): http://www.sportsensation.com/tennis/s/Reebok_Tennis_Shoes/Reebok_Figjam_DMX_Tennis_Shoe_Mens_Andy_Roddick__1 156123.htm
Also, I have two teammates on my high school team who have Figjams, and both of theirs are coming apart as well, but I have not had any problems with them falling apart, just not great outsold durability. And why do you suggest wearing the same shoes for practice and match play? I have done this for a while now and I think it makes sense to wear good durability shoes for when I am playing a lot and it isn't as important and to save my good, comortable shoes for when it counts. I don't notice any difference, which is the idea - you shouldn't be thinking about your equipment when you're playing.

dantyem108
05-12-2004, 06:25 PM
true, thanks for the help, I also play high school tennis.