PDA

View Full Version : New racket for Nadal for EVEN more spin!!!

Paullaconte1
01-30-2013, 07:10 AM
I wonder if it is even possible and if that's true!
I mean, how much more spin Rafa could put into these "unlucky balls"?
(it's funny to read that Rafa disagrees with his uncle, but then he tries it...)

http://www.tennistonic.com/view_tennisnews?nid=1762

http://www.espn.co.uk/tennis/sport/story/190857.html

Maybe this is just the answer to the new Graphene racket for the Djoker.

I wonder what Wilson is going to do now? I think they should do a racket to cope with the topspin on your backhand. That would be a nice answer to Babolat and Federer would be happy about that ;-)

... well, if it works...

slowfox
01-30-2013, 07:19 AM
Haha, there's even a chip in the racquet to collect data...:?

sureshs
01-30-2013, 07:22 AM
It seems to be Bab's answer to the Steam 99S

Clarky21
01-30-2013, 07:23 AM
Oh, boy more spin. He needs more DEPTH not more spin.

Bartelby
01-30-2013, 07:35 AM
The racquet's probably the one that's just been released and the chip is the one that has been announced for a year but is not likely to be released before the second half of the year.

davced1
01-30-2013, 07:43 AM
Maybe he will have a new PJ but not switch racquet. This is only marketing.

pvaudio
01-30-2013, 07:45 AM
The term "chip" has become so meaningless ever since Head tried to pull that off. Does it really have some form of data acquisition, or does the black demo just have accelerometers in it? Obviously I'm skeptical because adding electronics, no matter how small, is going to be putting the frame design as secondary.

slowfox
01-30-2013, 07:46 AM
The racquet's probably the one that's just been released and the chip is the one that has been announced for a year but is not likely to be released before the second half of the year.

When it does hit the market will there be a USB port so we can plug in and view our results? "What? Only 80 rpm's for me...?"

Tennis_Hands
01-30-2013, 07:47 AM
1.10:MAY2012RENDEZ-VOUS@ROLAND-GARROS

:lol:

pvaudio
01-30-2013, 07:49 AM
1.10:MAY2012RENDEZ-VOUS@ROLAND-GARROS

:lol:
The vid is obviously a year old, they're trying it in Feb 2012.

Tennis_Hands
01-30-2013, 07:52 AM
The vid is obviously a year old, they're trying it in Feb 2012.

Exactly.

10chars

RF20Lennon
01-30-2013, 09:00 AM
Is the ball going to fly out of the stadium after once bounce now?

sureshs
01-30-2013, 09:11 AM
The term "chip" has become so meaningless ever since Head tried to pull that off. Does it really have some form of data acquisition, or does the black demo just have accelerometers in it? Obviously I'm skeptical because adding electronics, no matter how small, is going to be putting the frame design as secondary.

We are entering an era when everything, including construction material and our bodies, will have embedded sensors in them.

v-verb
01-30-2013, 10:27 AM
It seems to be Bab's answer to the Steam 99S

HA! I thought so - I made a post about Nadal probably having tried the Steam 99S way back. So Babolat has made a Steam Fighter - interesting!

Cup8489
01-30-2013, 10:33 AM
Old video... but new frame maybe?

cluckcluck
01-30-2013, 10:36 AM
Still won't fix his knees.

pvaudio
01-30-2013, 11:30 AM
We are entering an era when everything, including construction material and our bodies, will have embedded sensors in them.
This I know, but you still need some way to transmit and read data. If it's doing the transmitting, then it also needs some sort of power source. Solar strip on the inside of the throat perhaps? Oh well.

ALL IN
01-30-2013, 11:50 AM
Oh, boy more spin. He needs more DEPTH not more spin.

Have you ever played tennis? Serious question......

always_crosscourt
01-30-2013, 11:53 AM
Nadal is an incomplete spin player for me - he only has one wing (forehand) where he can get good spin. If he could hit a massively heavy ball off the backhand as well he'd not need to give up so much court trying to hit forehands way into his backhand corner. And then Djokovic's predictable DTL play would not be nearly so damaging.

President
01-30-2013, 11:56 AM
Nadal is an incomplete spin player for me - he only has one wing (forehand) where he can get good spin. If he could hit a massively heavy ball off the backhand as well he'd not need to give up so much court trying to hit forehands way into his backhand corner. And then Djokovic's predictable DTL play would not be nearly so damaging.

Who is a complete spin player for you then? Bruguera?

ALL IN
01-30-2013, 12:03 PM

If you had his forehand, you'd be running around your backhand all the time too. It's the right play based on the effectiveness of the shot. This doesn't make his backhand ineffective or bad. His rivalry with Djokovic entails more mental consistency rather than imposing certain patterns of play. They play the same patterns more or less, just execute more or less effectively depending on the day.

always_crosscourt
01-30-2013, 12:11 PM
If you had his forehand, you'd be running around your backhand all the time too. It's the right play based on the effectiveness of the shot. This doesn't make his backhand ineffective or bad. His rivalry with Djokovic entails more mental consistency rather than imposing certain patterns of play. They play the same patterns more or less, just execute more or less effectively depending on the day.

It's not the right shot if your opponent (Djokovic) has one of the best DTL backhands of all time, and has no problems handling the topspin off your forehand.

But Nadal's lack of imagination means that he expects the same game-plan he tailor-made for beating Federer to work against everyone, regardless of their backhand. If Nadal faced someone with a world-class backhand against high balls, and no forehand, Nadal would... ... still try to break down their backhand with heavy spin. It's all he knows.

And if I had Nadal's forehand, I'd still work damn hard to make sure my backhand could produce as much topspin as humanely possible so i could either hook people off the court or simply destroy their forehand or backhand with heavy spin from both wings without sacrificing my own positioning.

Speranza
01-30-2013, 12:15 PM
Well if his camp seem to be adding more spin throughout his 8 month holiday, perhaps his racquet feels left out....

JRstriker12
01-30-2013, 12:32 PM
A racket that produces so much spin that it de-wedgies Nadal's pants for him.

Has to be some marketing BS for the new version of APD. Can't see him trying to come back and making a major racket change.

Say Chi Sin Lo
01-30-2013, 12:36 PM
Who is a complete spin player for you then? Bruguera?

What the hell is a "complete" spin play in the first place? :confused:

amx13
01-30-2013, 12:44 PM
The guy won't even change the way his water bottles are aligned on the court, you really think he is trying out new frames?

raging
01-30-2013, 12:54 PM
No , Rafa only changes his paint job - The new racquet will be Pure Drive mold, coming out as part of the Play & Connect programme developed by Babolat over the last 2 years.
First frames being distributed in September this year.
It has nothing to do with more spin, more about computer feedback from racquet to player.

Cup8489
01-30-2013, 01:12 PM
The guy won't even change the way his water bottles are aligned on the court, you really think he is trying out new frames?

Well he has been out for 7+ months now... maybe he's made a switch and is trying to be as comfortable as possible with it?

TheCheese
01-30-2013, 01:28 PM

Seriously. I doubt Nadal is going to change anything, especially when coming back from injury and trying to find his game.

Vlad_C
01-30-2013, 01:54 PM
I've been saying for years that if there's anything that Nadal needs to change in his game, it's generating more spin. Thankfully he finally came to his senses.

Vlad_C
01-30-2013, 01:56 PM
What the hell is a "complete" spin play in the first place? :confused:

I'm guessing that a complete spin player is one that is completely obsessed with spin, and little else. :twisted:

Calor1
01-30-2013, 01:59 PM
I'll get it if it has bluetooth.
EVERYTHING is better with bluetooth..

ultradr
01-30-2013, 02:30 PM
profile of frame around throat area looks different.
if that's true, it will be hard to disguise with paint jobs.

tennis_badger
01-30-2013, 02:44 PM
meh, its a bit too late, maybe a few years ago when roger is at the top and he's no 2.

joker is the top dog atm and maybe uncle toni didn't realize that he got a very solid 2HBH?? no amount of spin can break it.

gavna
01-30-2013, 03:17 PM
This is getting silly........there is no NEW stick for Rafa. He will be playing with the 2013 APD (PJ)

The vid you are all looking at as mentioned is from the YouTube Play and Connect intro last winter.

The fool at ESPN.UK clearly knows not what he is writing about....even the quote from "Unca Toni" are from last winter..............some of these posts here have been funny.

christo
01-31-2013, 11:32 PM
Rafa needs to play and connect a drip feed to his ailing knee or we may never see him at a GS again, perish the thought:cry:

JRstriker12
02-01-2013, 08:47 AM
I'm guessing that a complete spin player is one that is completely obsessed with spin, and little else. :twisted:

Maybe a complete spin player hits the ball and it doesn't go anywhere, it just hovers in the air and spins.

Tropikal_Knights
02-01-2013, 09:52 AM
For Pete's sake ......it will be the same racquet just a different paint job...........good marketing though....

many dumb..... out there will buy it for some imaginary spin

Say Chi Sin Lo
02-01-2013, 10:24 AM
For Pete's sake ......it will be the same racquet just a different paint job...........good marketing though....

many dumb..... out there will buy it for some imaginary spin

There are a lot of idiots here, just roam over to the equipment sections and see how many people blame their equipment for not hitting this shot or that shot.

That's like a basketball player b!tching about not hitting 3's, but can hit the mid-range jumpers because of some shoes.

Al Czervik
02-01-2013, 10:26 AM

Lovemaking sessions?

Dimcorner
02-01-2013, 10:36 AM
I'll get it if it has bluetooth.

Battery life?

babyhagrid
02-01-2013, 01:13 PM
Maybe RF needs Bluetooth in his PS90, stop him shanking.

cork_screw
02-01-2013, 01:31 PM

The one with the chip is just a measuring device. The author of the thread shouldn't have put the two videos and together because it makes it look like he's using that black one. There won't be a chip in the racquet nadal is using.

Say Chi Sin Lo
02-01-2013, 02:01 PM
Maybe RF needs Bluetooth in his PS90, stop him shanking.

Naw he needs GPS on the racquet, so it can locate the ball and stop him from shanking.

babyhagrid
02-01-2013, 03:17 PM
Naw he needs GPS on the racquet, so it can locate the ball and stop him from shanking.

Damn, i wish i'd thought of that.