PDA

View Full Version : LM Prestige vs LM Radical Tour?

tarheelbornjohn
02-25-2004, 09:45 AM
I have a question about how the LM Prestige is compaired to the LM Radical Tour. I was in Paris two weeks ago and almost bought a tour version and was thinking that it is actually the LM Prestige with just a different paint job. Does anyone know about this. The Radical is too light for me and I need a heaver racket.

strife726
02-25-2004, 12:55 PM
Why dosen't TW sell the LM rad tour? Makes no sense to me......

tarheelbornjohn
02-25-2004, 01:21 PM
I am not sure. I know that you can "only get it in the EU." The weight is about the same as the Prestige and that is why I am asking. With the exchange rate and all, the tour was going to cost about 275.00 us so I pasted for now. I did have a local store tell me that they could get one but even then it was going to be over 230.00. Are the tour and the Prestige the same racket with different paint jobs or not?

gofederer
02-25-2004, 01:32 PM
according to a site selling both lm.pre and lm.rad-tour, the tour comes only in 98 s.i. and weighs 5g lighter than the lm.pre-mid but 5g heavier than the lm.pre-mp (325 unstrung) with a less hl balance. shape is also different: the lm.pre looks like the i.pre and the lm.rad-tour other lm.rads.
http://www.************.nl/shop/shop_image/product/39b4345d9d6789438c6c68f1c606a875.jpg lm.pre http://www.************.nl/shop/shop_image/product/ce78e9e28c362254aaf9f1eed49bbb78.jpg lm.rad-tour

tarheelbornjohn
02-25-2004, 01:38 PM
Thanks, that helps.

spinbalz
02-26-2004, 08:45 AM
Gofederer - the picture of radical that you posted is the pic of the LM Rad Oversize version.

LM prestige and LM radical Tour are actually different racquets, the shape around the throat area, where the throat joins the head is different : LM Prestige is flat, and LM radical Tour is slightly aerodynamic designed (same shape as the LM Rad MP anyway).

About the specs, it's hard to compare since the LM prestige is not officially introduced on the market yet, so nobody really knows the specs of the future retail LM prestige MP (it can be different than the specs of the samples tests LM Prestige that some players already have tried)

gofederer
02-26-2004, 02:12 PM
spinbalz - as far as pics on that site are concerned, all lm.rads look the same, mp or os or tour

of course lm.pre and lm.rad-tour are different racquets coz prestiges are prestiges and radicals are radicals

about lm.pre's specs, i think it's safe and makes sense to expect them to be about the same as i.pre's, mids or mps

spinbalz
02-26-2004, 03:21 PM
"as far as pics on that site are concerned, all lm.rads look the same, mp or os or tour " - yes it's only because they did a bad job by posting a pic of the OS version for all the LM radicals, you have been abused and you just reproduced their error.

"it's safe and makes sense to expect them to be about the same as i.pre's, mids or mps" - well, "about the same" means actually different, and if you take a look at the LM rad Tour specs (my current racquet), they are about the same as the I.pres MP specs (first edition), but it plays really different, and ask to Mr Chao some precisions about I.pres MP and you'll be surprised to find that it's not even safe to say that a I.pres. MP has about the same specs as an other I.pres MP, because it seems that Head modified the specs of the I. pres MP a while after its first introduction. So do you still think that it's safe to expect that LM pres specs will be "about the same"? If yes you should define what sort of I. pres MP you take as reference : "first edition" or "second edition"

Personnally, concerning the LM prestige, I'd only say:"wait and see".

gofederer
02-26-2004, 08:08 PM
alright spinbalz, you win

all i know about head sticks is just from specs on the internet and maybe i'm reproducing errors as you said, which i regret

though i own a i.pre mp, i don't even know whether it's of first or second edition

i only said "safe... about the same..." because the possibly "erroneous" site showed that lm.pre mid and i.pre mid had exactly the same head size (600 sq. cm) and weight (330g unstrung) with a little difference in balance (lm.pre 5mm more headlight) and that lm.pre mp and i.pre mp also had the same specs (630 sq. cm & 320g unstrung & 310mm balance)

so i now declare it may be unsafe to assume those specs will be about the same before lm.pres are officially on the u.s. market

spinbalz
02-27-2004, 08:24 AM
If you would like to know more about the I. prestige, and specs discrepencies about these racquets, you can ask some clarifications to Mr Chaho, he is the Guru king of Head Prestige racquets.

And I will add the following : "It's safe to say that you tried to help the original poster with the pics you posted, it's just bad luck that your source was wrong, but nice try anyway".