PDA

View Full Version : Replace for a PD

misterg
08-22-2005, 05:21 AM
my first racquet was a Yonex RD 500 long, but it hurds my elbow, then I picked up a PK 5g ... but it hurds my schouder (it was too heavy for me - I'm very tiny: 188 cm and only 70 kg... and 44 year's) so i tried with lighter racquet's like Head Fire and Wilson Triad 98 but it was even worse. Then I tried the Pure Drive and It felt just fine on my schoulder and elbow (play with gut or multis...). Well, the problem is that I do not like this stick! At very low tension (witch I allways have...) It has absolutely no feel on wolley'a and drop shots, the serve has too much spin (so balls lands short...) bad control (I'm a flat hitter...).
So is there a racquet that is HL (elbow problem's), not too heavy (schoulder problem's), very maneuvrable, not stiff ... and with a denser string pattern?
Thank's

misterg
08-22-2005, 05:45 AM
and yes, I forgot to say that I played with the Radical (intelligent, and flexpoint) it look to be the perfect for me but it lack's in power. So my perfect racquet would be the radical with more power. Is there such a racquet?

physioam
08-22-2005, 07:26 AM
You may have a look at the volkl V1 classic.

Volkl Cat 8 V Engine
Klip Excellerator@57 lbs

Tennis forever
Work whenever

azak
08-22-2005, 07:48 AM
LiquidMetal or Flexpoint Instinct?

RODMAN511
08-22-2005, 08:50 AM
yeah..the instinct would be your best bet...it's head's answer to the pd on the other babolats with a denser string pattern

misterg
08-22-2005, 09:19 AM
Thank's. I was also considering the Instinct. I'll demo it the next week. I'm also in doubt abot the liquid and the flexpoint. Reading the opinion's on this board seems that the old version is better...

Speedy_tennis
08-22-2005, 07:23 PM
n pro surge or instincts

tarkowski
08-22-2005, 07:54 PM
The Wilson nTour 95 would be an excellent choice. My wife is a fairly flat hitter as well and loved this stick. She also liked the nPro Surge and the Prince Shark Mid-Plus but in the end, she played her best with the nTour 95.

When I play-tested it, the nTour swung a little heavier than the Surge and Shark (and I imagine the Instinct as well). I found it more stable than the others with similar power and better control. No arm issues either - the racquet had a large sweet spot and a nice soft feel for a tweener.