PDA

View Full Version : Racquets preventing Tennis Elbow

Pancho
08-22-2005, 11:27 AM
Hi guys:

What kind of racquest would you recommend for preventing Tennis Elbow? I have tried Power Angle 115 and ProKennex Ki30 and both are good but Power Angle has better control.

Thanks,

HappyLefty
08-22-2005, 11:41 AM
Racquets with a stiffness factor lower to 65.
Also, take a look at your strings and tension.
These three factor influence in your elbow.
Search for 'arm friendly' strings at TW at low tensions.

fjgarciap
08-22-2005, 12:10 PM
Is it true that heavier racquets help prevent tennis elbow? I read this somewhere on the internet.

Tennisaurus
08-22-2005, 01:05 PM
Unfortunately, no racket prevents tennis elbow! Good technique reduces the possiblity of developing tennis elbow. The heavier, flexier, head light rackets are know to be easier on the arm, especially for those who are dealing with tennis elbow. The reduced stress allows them to be back in the game and not injure the area more.

Also, its good to be younger. Tennis elbow tends to appear more often in "older" players (like myself) - usually in their 40s and 50s.

So, the key is to always stay in your twenties and to use good technique! :D

RogerY
08-22-2005, 02:32 PM
If you are looking for a particular tennis racquet model that is elbow-friendly, the Prince Original Graphite (POG) Oversize is often mentioned.

Over the last 20 years, I have tried a number of racquets that share more or less the same specifications as the POG, i.e. 8~10pt head light, over 12oz strung weight, around 320~330 swing weight, stiffness around or below 65, but I just don't really find a better feel in other racquets than in the POG. Also, the 100% graphite frame doesn't got metal fatique. My resilient 20-year-old POG plays just the same as the newly bought replacement; except that I love the old paint job with 4 green strips and two balanced golden "Prince" logos at the lower hoop, much more than the present inbalanced large logo and the word "Tour".

Cheers,
Roger