PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone compare the POG mid vs Head PC600

AndrewD
08-23-2005, 02:06 AM
I use the Prestige Pro (forerunner to the PC600) but curious to hear how the POG mid compares. I have the opportunity to get one (pog mid) cheaply -which fits into my need for a budget conscious replacement to my near dead Prestige- but wont be able to try beforehand so would greatly appreciate any and all opinions.

One of the things I love about the Prestige is that it feels stable all the way through the racquet - unlike some which can be a bit whippy and require extra weighting. If the pog were to be a possible replacement it would need to have the same all-around 'solid' feel (excluding flex) so if anyone can comment on that particular aspect it'd be particularly helpful.

okay, thanks in advance

Speedy_tennis
08-23-2005, 08:35 AM
IMO pog and prestige isn't comparable because the pog is 14x18 and the prestige 18x20

Bom
08-23-2005, 07:06 PM
I don't have PC600 but I do have iPres MP and POG mid and OS (older 1990). They play differently. POG MID (90) is versatile racquet. Vollay, slice, and spin are cool with this. I like it most. I feel it has more ball control and ball directional than OS (to me). OS is great for baseline but not all court. It's as good as what people said. The only bad thing I don't like is comfort. I hurt my wrist when I hit with POG, probably due to my tennis elbow problem. Now I am using iPrestige MP strung at very low tension. For stability, I feel that POG is more stable than my iPrestige (MP 27). Now I am looking for old Prestige 600 or Trisys 300 which people say they are comfort (or mute).

AndrewD
08-24-2005, 02:16 AM
Speedy_tennis,

Might have lost something in the translation. I wasnt actually suggesting the two racquets were similar. What I was asking was, could someone compare them in terms of playability- e.g which do you think performs better on serve, volley, etc, which is more stable, greater comfort etc.