PDA

View Full Version : head liquid metal prestige any good?

monfils
08-23-2005, 04:54 AM
I just wondering if the head liquid metal prestige is a good raquet for a 4.5 to 5.5 player. Im getting mixed replies from different people. Some people say its a horrible raquet while others say its a good raquet. From the raquet comparisons in tennis wharehouse most players said it was horrible. But from the raquet review play test results in tennis-warehouse the liquid metal got a score of 80 out of 100. Thats a pretty good score and not many raquets get that score. There are no pros using this raquet and even the top juniors dont use it. I mean it is advertised as such a great raquet and also one of the most expensive. What do you guys think about this raquet?

BLAKE FAN
08-23-2005, 06:02 AM
This is a very good racquet for an all court player it does everything well i have try out almost every new players racquet that is on the market right now and i haven't found a better all around stick. If there is anything you want to know specifically let me know

monfils
08-23-2005, 06:23 AM
How good is the liquid metal prestige compared to other good raquets such as:
yonex RDX, Prestige classic, Pro staff 6.0. Does it fall in the same category with these raquets in terms of control, feel and touch.
Take a look at the links below and check out what some of the players had to say about the liquid metal prestige.one of them even said it is the worst raquet they have ever picked up in their life. And this comment did not just come from any player, this guy was a 5.0 NTRP level
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/playtests/RABBIT01.html
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/playtests/SMASHLOB01.html

Bora
08-23-2005, 06:54 AM
I can't say its the worst racquet since I won my first tournament with this racquet. And I have played with almost every players racquet out there. I do own a RDX500 Mid which I play with sometimes. I played with the PS 6.1 classics as a jr.

Great things about the LM Prestige, control, and heavy ball you can hit with it. Its power level is low, so its good for those who rip the ball. The string pattern is pretty tight, so I have to string it much less often. I mean, I break strings in the RDX about every 7-8 hours, but I can go twice as long with the Prestige.

Another thing, this racquet is great for slice BHs, volleys, flat serves and flat FHs. Obviously you can generate more spin with other racquets with 16 mains, but the topspin shots it hits are pretty "heavy". It does take a good player to really take advantage of this stick.

monfils
08-23-2005, 07:02 AM
I can't say its the worst racquet since I won my first tournament with this racquet. And I have played with almost every players racquet out there. I do own a RDX500 Mid which I play with sometimes. I played with the PS 6.1 classics as a jr.

Great things about the LM Prestige, control, and heavy ball you can hit with it. Its power level is low, so its good for those who rip the ball. The string pattern is pretty tight, so I have to string it much less often. I mean, I break strings in the RDX about every 7-8 hours, but I can go twice as long with the Prestige.

Another thing, this racquet is great for slice BHs, volleys, flat serves and flat FHs. Obviously you can generate more spin with other racquets with 16 mains, but the topspin shots it hits are pretty "heavy". It does take a good player to really take advantage of this stick.
How good are you? and which head size are you talking about, mid or midplus. Do you know the difference between mid and midplus?

smittysan89
08-23-2005, 08:07 AM
from what I have heard the mid is much better

nguyenthuc
08-23-2005, 08:29 AM
I just wondering if the head liquid metal prestige is a good raquet for a 4.5 to 5.5 player. Im getting mixed replies from different people. Some people say its a horrible raquet while others say its a good raquet. From the raquet comparisons in tennis wharehouse most players said it was horrible. But from the raquet review play test results in tennis-warehouse the liquid metal got a score of 80 out of 100. Thats a pretty good score and not many raquets get that score.

There are no pros using this raquet and even the top juniors dont use it.

???
Grosjean, Kuerten, Safin, and formerly Schuettler all reportedly use LM Prestige. Not to mention legions of college players.

http://www.atptennis.com/en/atpshop/

nViATi
08-23-2005, 08:40 AM
???
Grosjean, Kuerten, Safin, and formerly Schuettler all reportedly use LM Prestige. Not to mention legions of college players.

http://www.atptennis.com/en/atpshop/
paintjobs.......

You shouldn't care who uses a racquet. You should get the one that is best for YOU not for somebody else. Demo it to find out. Just asking questions on the forums won't help you find the racquet that is best for you.

monfils
08-23-2005, 08:53 AM
paintjobs.......

You shouldn't care who uses a racquet. You should get the one that is best for YOU not for somebody else. Demo it to find out. Just asking questions on the forums won't help you find the racquet that is best for you.

You see the problem is that i dont know which raquet is best for me. I dont know which raquet is bad for me so i just rely on which raquet many people like or which raquet the top pros use because atleast i know they are not bad for me scince i am an advanced player.

nguyenthuc
08-23-2005, 08:57 AM
Thanks, I have demoed the LM prestige. Personally, I didn't like it as much as the i.prestige because it was too flexy. And no I don't care who uses what frame (I play with the outdated 1998 TwinTube Radical Tour). I was merely quoting Monfils who claims no pros or juniors are using the LM prestige. And yes, I am well aware of reported paintjobs... thanks again....