PDA

View Full Version : Review: AeroPro Drive and Nsixone 90

640x480
08-23-2005, 06:03 AM
Ok, so I'm demoing these two.....

Looks: Let me say that the wilson is hot stuff, I love its colors and looks.
I always thought the Babolats were a little ugly withe the colors but
I could live with it, Id still rather have the puredrive blue then the Aero
yellow.

Feel: Wilson is very very solid feel, its very stiff. I feel like i could chop down
trees with it. The babolat, after holding the wilson feltl ike a feather.
You can definitely swing that baby with some speed.

WILSON: Day 1, I strictly played with the ncode 90 with no dampners. At first the weight didnt bother me. The swing weight is actually comparable to my TT worrior OS. I was having little trouble with my grondstrokes, alot more dinks. It wasnt easy to create alot of raqcuet head speed, im not a very big guy. What I was able to do was to rely on the weight of the racquet to create the power. If hit right, it can really hit some heavy balls. The volleys were a joy, even half volleys. It just feels good to come to the net. Serves...well, it was mixed experience. I was hitting flat bombs but sometimes the spinner was off. Once again, most likely i needed to be better aquainted with the weight. The bakhand was good, I really liked slicing with it. I use a almost western grip, but i would have liked more semi western for this raquet to drive through better because in the end, this is a control stick.

BABOLAT: Day 2 coming later today.....

asintu
09-13-2005, 06:59 AM
so..how's the babolat

BreakPoint
09-13-2005, 01:30 PM
The first question is: Why are you demoing two racquets that are as different as night and day?

asintu
09-13-2005, 01:40 PM
The first question is: Why are you demoing two racquets that are as different as night and day?

why not? he is doing everybody a huge favour

BreakPoint
09-13-2005, 02:28 PM
why not? he is doing everybody a huge favour

Because if you're interested in one, you shouldn't be interested in the other.

When you're buying a car, you don't test drive a Porsche 911 and compare it to a Lincoln Town Car, do you?

neomanxl
09-13-2005, 02:31 PM
well i did the exact same demo, and i wont indulge in the deatails unless people want me to but i chose the wilson tour 90

asintu
09-13-2005, 03:19 PM
well i did the exact same demo, and i wont indulge in the deatails unless people want me to but i chose the wilson tour 90

please do...I'd like to hear what you thoght of the aeropro