PDA

View Full Version : ProKennex 5g or 7g???

tennisphotog
08-23-2005, 08:52 AM
I love my prokennex 5g, but find it maybe a bit head light. Should I just add lead tape or look into the 7g which is longer, and a bit heavier. Has anyone played with the 7g who could give me some feedback?

mark rodgers
08-23-2005, 10:19 AM
I would just add lead to the 5g. I've played with both. The 7g will give you added power if that's what you're looking for. I tried to get used to the 27 1/2 inch length but I much prefer the standard 27 better. So I guess that part is up to you. I found that both the 5g and 7g are a little flimsy at the top of the hoop so I think a little lead up there would probably help. Put the lead tape on some head guard tape and you can move it around easily and try different configurations. By the way if you didn't already know, the inside of the handle is hollow so you can remove the butt cap and add weight if you need to.

tennisphotog
08-23-2005, 12:18 PM
Thanks Mark, I will give the tape a try.

iscottius
08-23-2005, 12:25 PM
played with the 7g for a couple of years, very solid racquet actually liked it better than the 5g, more pop & spin, the only issue to me with both 5g & 7g was the ability to hit hard serves. They both are accurate and have good kick serves could never master the heater. The review on TW of the 7g is wasesome read it will help