PDA

View Full Version : Can you really tell the difference in cross beam?

Vantage231511
08-23-2005, 09:55 AM
I'm playing with a couple of frames right now, the Vantage 90, Vantage 95 and a Volkl C-10 pro tour. I notice some differences, but really don't seem to be able to tell the difference in cross beam. Other then say a super widebody, can anyone else tell the difference in a mm in cross beam?

Bora
08-23-2005, 11:10 AM
The only time the thickness was ever an issue for me was recently in a match I was using a new stick that was a bit thicker than my regular racquet and some of the slice shots I was used to ended up hitting the frame. I think I also framed a few low FHs because I was thinking I would be able to scoop it, but felt like the thickness of the frame got in the way.

Michelangelo
08-23-2005, 11:20 AM
The only time the thickness was ever an issue for me was recently in a match I was using a new stick that was a bit thicker than my regular racquet and some of the slice shots I was used to ended up hitting the frame. I think I also framed a few low FHs because I was thinking I would be able to scoop it, but felt like the thickness of the frame got in the way.

Same thing happens on me. I generally slice better with thin beam rackets, even though the headsize is small (like mid to midplus).