PDA

View Full Version : A narrowing down in the search for a racket

Surecatch
08-23-2005, 12:06 PM
Ok, after my thread looking for ideas, I have new focus in my quest for a new racquet. I've chucked all the ideas that I originally listed and I'm now considering:

Dunlop 300G
Head i-radical

It's also been suggested that the M-fils might come down in price soon. I've not demoed it (or the other two for that matter either) but it looks attractive. I'd probably be interested in the 200plus or 300. As a reminder, I think I probably fit into the class of at 3.0plus NTRS and I currently use a 15 year old Wilson Aggressor 95 that I've never changed the strings on and that I really like the feel of. Btw....anyone know the weight of that racquet? That might help me also, if I could look to a new racquet that has the general feel of my Wilson Aggressor. It's a very dark blue racquet and says PWS at 9 and 3 oclock. It's listed as "High Beam Series".

Any suggestions on the better of these two racquets? The specs are very similar and the price is the same. I'm a fair recreational player who can hit pretty hard but is working on control, keeping the ball in play and placing shots with more consistency.

Thanks in advance.

Redflea
08-23-2005, 12:08 PM
I'd go w/the Head...300G was too harsh for me in daily use. Great control, but not comfy at all......

staffpro
08-23-2005, 12:08 PM
gte one of those kitchen scales for food and weigh ur raquet they are pretty accurate... my raquet weighs exactly 350grams and the scale said 345 so.... ye

smittysan89
08-23-2005, 12:09 PM
I would try the i.Radical many people like it alot

staffpro
08-23-2005, 12:13 PM
Dude You Should Get A Dell!!!!!!!!!!!

sraj
08-23-2005, 12:24 PM
I'm probably at a similar level as you. I demoed the 300G the other day against someone with a heavy groundstroke. The racquet had good control but my arm was killing me afterward. I need something a little heavier. My daughter has the iRadical OS. I'm going to try to hit against the same guy with the Head and see how that does. Also, the Yonex MP 5 is available at a good price, is a little heavier than the Dunlop, and has a low swingweight. That's another one I'd like to try.

The Ripper
08-23-2005, 04:34 PM
I just bought the Dunlop M-Fil 200+ - it's a great racket. Will handle heavy hitting, great mobility at 11.5 oz. They are selling for $149 at TW and I got a demo here in L.A. for $99 strung. Doesn't get much better than that! IMHO a much better racket than any of those mentioned (although the Radical Tour is a nice racket).

Good luck!

Guillote
08-24-2005, 04:55 AM
I think the iRadical will help you on control, and it has a nice weight for you to customize it later as much as you want

Midplus of course