PDA

View Full Version : Grommet for Radical Trisys 260

SocalTennis
08-23-2005, 01:29 PM
Can someone please tell me where I can purchase it.....or would the grommet for other radicals fit?...Thanks

10isbum
08-23-2005, 09:32 PM
Some of these Head grommet/bumper kit are interchangeable to some extent. In the case of the I Radical and Ti Radical (TK 113) and the Radical 260 (TK 67) and one more which I think is (TK 55A) have the same pattern. However, it will work using any of these, except for one grommet which is the longest (6 throat) will be short on one of these and too long on another but this seems to be the only problem. If for some reason, you have the grommet set that is too long, you just snip off the extra. If you have your grommet off, just look on the inside of the grommet or bumper and at one end, should be a code starting with TK follow by a number. See which one you have. In the case of (TK 55A) it may be written on the outside bumper at one end. The others, you may have to remove to look on the inside.

jmk2888
08-25-2005, 09:51 PM
Can someone please tell me where I can purchase it.....or would the grommet for other radicals fit?...Thanks

They have them at e b a y. I saw them the other day for around $39.99, I'll pm you.

Your pm doesn't work and you do not accept e-mails.

SocalTennis
08-25-2005, 11:00 PM
They have them at e b a y. I saw them the other day for around $39.99, I'll pm you.

Your pm doesn't work and you do not accept e-mails.

Hey Jmk2888, thanks for the help but the grommet of the Ti. Rad works. I paid 5 bucks for it...not a bad deal...

Deuce
08-25-2005, 11:11 PM
The bumper for the Ti Radical is terrible.

You're better off with the grommet/bumper set from the LiquidMetal Radical - the bumper is one-piece, and the strings sit much deeper.

iLuveKetchup
09-07-2005, 05:29 PM
Hey Jmk2888, thanks for the help but the grommet of the Ti. Rad works. I paid 5 bucks for it...not a bad deal...
Hey SocalTennis. Is your Trysis a Mid Plus, if so which ti.radical grommet did you get for it? As I look @ the inventory for Head grommets @ TW, I noticed they listed grommets for i.rad/ti.rad mid & i.rad/ti.rad os. I didn't even know that i.rads & ti.rads came in a mid. Is this a misprint? I ask because I need to order grommets for my Radical Tour 98 MP. Thanks!

10isbum
09-07-2005, 08:31 PM
Just replaced the grommet/bumper kit on a Trysis Radical 260 Oversize and used the the TK 112 for the Ti and I Radicals and no problem. Now I recall, the older grommets designed for the Trysis Radical 260 will not work on the I and Ti Radical because one of the grommets will come out short. I have a number of the TK 67 designed for the Trysis Radical 260 MP and after reading some of these post compared the thickness of the bumper guard and those designed for the Radical 260 Trysis MP are indeed thicker than those made for the I and Ti Radical (TK113). It's TK 112 for the OS Ti and I Radical and TK 59 for the Trysis Radical 260 OS.

SocalTennis
09-07-2005, 10:52 PM
Hey SocalTennis. Is your Trysis a Mid Plus, if so which ti.radical grommet did you get for it? As I look @ the inventory for Head grommets @ TW, I noticed they listed grommets for i.rad/ti.rad mid & i.rad/ti.rad os. I didn't even know that i.rads & ti.rads came in a mid. Is this a misprint? I ask because I need to order grommets for my Radical Tour 98 MP. Thanks!

I used the grommet set of the Ti. Radical Midplus. It's a misprint from TW because Ti. Rad only come in Midplus or OS. Anyways, I experimented with not installing the head guard, I only use the part where the string goes, and my Rad Trisys plays sooooo much better.

The original problem I had with the racquet was its weight and it also felt a little head heavy. After the experiment, the racquet has a very nice balance to it and definitely head lighter.

iLuveKetchup
09-08-2005, 04:28 PM
I used the grommet set of the Ti. Radical Midplus. It's a misprint from TW because Ti. Rad only come in Midplus or OS. Anyways, I experimented with not installing the head guard
Thanks for the reply! But does the head guard fit? My Radical & Trysis' head guard are all torn up.

SocalTennis
09-08-2005, 06:57 PM
Thanks for the reply! But does the head guard fit? My Radical & Trysis' head guard are all torn up.
Yeah, I think it fit