PDA

View Full Version : Rattling noises

kickingbird
08-24-2005, 05:54 AM
What would it mean if I can occasionally hear rattling sounds from inside my racquet when I swing it around? It doesn't always happen- only when I shake it at a particular angle or something? I must say that I've slammed this racquet once on a hardcourt after it slipped out of my hand on a serve...

Can this racquet live on?? How can you tell if a racquet is internally damaged?

yourserve
08-24-2005, 06:09 AM
I once broke of a grommet that got lost in the frame. I had to take the butt cap
off to get the piece out. But a new bumper set and a new grip and I thought I had
a new frame for less than 10 bucks. It was the most annoying noise, kinda reminded
me of a baby rattle. lol Your racquet may be fine, just depends on what broke to
cause the rattle. best of luck to ya.

Guillote
08-24-2005, 06:38 AM
Yes, just try taking the piece out from the bottom. Remember most racquets are hollow...

Pushmaster
08-24-2005, 07:23 AM
What would it mean if I can occasionally hear rattling sounds from inside my racquet when I swing it around? It doesn't always happen- only when I shake it at a particular angle or something? I must say that I've slammed this racquet once on a hardcourt after it slipped out of my hand on a serve...

Can this racquet live on?? How can you tell if a racquet is internally damaged?
What racquet are you having this problem with? When I had my Head i. Radicals (MP) a couple years back I noticed a rattle in both. Annoying as hell, so I returned them. Head racquets have been known for this (especially the i. series), I never had a problem with rattling with any other brand.

kickingbird
08-25-2005, 04:49 AM
Thanks for your replies!

I'm using a Yonex ULtimum RD Ti-50. Yeh, that sound does make the racquet sound and seem like a baby's toy!

Could you please tell me how to remove the buttcap of a racquet??

fantom
08-25-2005, 06:51 AM
Another way to get the shard of graphite out is to shake it out when you change your grommets.

yourserve
08-25-2005, 07:41 AM
only way that i know of to get the cap off is to remove the grip. if you decide to
do this make sure you have a replacement grip on hand before removing old one.
if it is like my mp 5i you will be surprised at how little material is actually in your
frame.