PDA

View Full Version : Silent Partner DG or Silent Partner Aria

R-Fed
08-24-2005, 05:09 AM
Hey Guys,

I've been thinking about getting a electronic racquet stringer and I've been really looking at these two stringers in addition to the Gamma Progression ES II+ and X-ES (both $899).

My first question is should I go with Gamma or Silent Partner.

My second question is if Gamma, what are the differences between the Progression ES II+ and X-ES machines and which one is the best.

My third question is if Silent Partner, what are the differences between the Aria ($1599)and DG ($999) machines and which one is the best.

I am on a budget of about $800 to $1000.

Any help would be greatly appreicated.

Thanks,
R-Fed

SW Stringer
08-24-2005, 07:04 AM
Somebody needs to tell you about other
aternatives that are universally acclaimed
to be superior to the SP and Gamma. This
information I got from reading posts about
really great machines from LF (I think that's
equal to Lunatic Fringe - but I could be wrong

on that point. HeHEHEHEHE - wouldn't be the
next, last, or only time I been my bad. The
Lstt 200 Do-Whoppy is a machine that only
yesterday was selling for nearly nothing, but

due to price change fluctuations in the Chinese
yen and manipulations of the world olive oil
market by the mafia (don't use caps here - it
could be trouble) is now available for only $1200
Canadien plus $980 for a bridge adapter that you
probably don't need. Every LF owner is ecstatic
over their purchase, cause the ones who aren't
are rubbed out by the previously mentioned organ-
ization.

Something else I learned, the old farts on this board
are biased, cause they got too much experience and
actually know how to do things - so don't listen to
them or Thunder Balz will come over and bust your
gonads.

Just thought you'd like to know before that hard
earned money your Mom or Dad gave you is plunked
down on a piece of c**p SP or Gamma. Anyway happy
wet dreams after you get your LF - and if you don't
you know who will come bust you one.

Two Fister
08-24-2005, 07:17 AM
I've owned both the ESII+ and the Aria. The Aria seems to be out of your price range that you quoted. Nevertheless, I think the ESII is a bit higher in quality as far as the mounting system goes. But the mounting system of the Aria is quite good and more similar to the Babolat systems. The side arm mounts on the ESII can sometimes really get in the way of the grommet you need to thread the string through. The aria is designed in a way that it doesn't obscure the grommet holes as much. I like the "linear" gripper on the Aria a lot, but occasionally the gripper will not open completely after releasing the string. I'm talking to Silent partner about this right now, but it is not a big problem at all, cuz it only happens only zero to two times per string job. I can string faster on the Aria cuz of the linear gripper and the side arm mounts.

The tensioning system on the aria is quite good and seems more accurate than the ESII. The clamp bases on the ESII were not real smooth when moving them around on the base, so I upgraded them to the cam lock bases for $400. Those were incredible.

If I were going to buy one machine, I'd buy the Aria. I got a demo from Silent partner for $1200, so it actually cost less than the ESII+ set up that I had. $900 ESII, $400 Cam lock bases, $100 stand, $40 cover.

156MPHserve
08-24-2005, 07:22 AM
If I were to choose I'd take the Gamma X-ES, it's good enough for anything. However yeah I say LF if you can.

Gamma Tech
08-24-2005, 07:23 AM
If you have more specific questions about the Gamma machines I can answer them. I've never used a SP machine.

there isn't a big difference between the 2 Gamma machines, both are the same quality. If you do a search you should be able to find information about the differences.

bret

LMW
08-24-2005, 02:53 PM
Silent Partner machines have an excellent reputation. So do the Alpha machines. You can even add a Wise Tension Head to make it super special. Why not give Mark a call, at Alpha; and of course, tell him I said "hello."