PDA

View Full Version : Do you feel your O3's Tour flex?

Guillote
08-24-2005, 05:36 AM
I feel them flex when hitting flat shots.. is that normal? I hadn't felt that before with another racquet.

Sometimes hitting hard I feel that the racquet is going to break or something... but I like that softness a lot

basil J
08-24-2005, 07:16 AM
yes it is normal. I feel the flex on forehands and forehand volleys. I put 2" of 1/2" lead tape at 3:00 & 9:00 and the hoop is nice and firm. The throat is only 19 mill, so it is pretty thin and will flex a bit when you hit a big shot, or even if you hit in the center of the string bed. I went from a 200GMW which also had some nice flex to it, but this is definitely got more flex than any racquet I have ever used. I like it, though it did feel odd when I first started using it, especially on serves, now I use the flex to actually get more pop

Michelangelo
08-24-2005, 08:03 AM
Interesting. When I demoed it, I just felt the stringbed hided every flexy feel of the racket behind (it just cupped the ball too much, for me). I felt my nSix-One Tour 90 flex even a bit more than the O3 Tour upon hard hitting forehand.

BreakPoint
08-24-2005, 10:38 AM
Hmmm...I feel the nSix-One Tour to be much siffer than the O3 Tour. The O3 Tour is a very flexy frame. However, have you guys tried the Volkl Tour 10 Gen II or the ProKennex Ionic Ki5? Those flex as much, if not more, than the O3 Tour.