PDA

View Full Version : Tennis in Manchester(England)

rommil
08-24-2005, 08:13 AM
Hey, going to Manchester on November 22 to 28 and was wondering if there is anybody here i could hook up with to play tennis.4.0 USTA rating here....going there to see Prodigy at the Manchester Evening News arena and maybe catch the match between Manchester City and Liverpool on the 26th. Well, let me know if somebody's interested.

crosscourt
09-06-2005, 08:35 AM
Good luck. That week the the rain in Manchester will almost certainly be constant. Even if it's not cold so that the rain freezeson the courts, you could stand by the court all week and not see it dry. That's if you can see the court. It get's dark at about 4pm and light at about 7am. The only three indoor courts in the North of England were probably booked for social matches by grandmothers in the spring of 1997.

So you are much better off going to see some football and drinking some beer. City v Liverpool should be a good match. City are playing better than in recent seasons and Liverpool are of course the champions of Europe. You can also see good rugby union at Sale. Wilsons, Robinsons and Boddingtons bitter should ease the pain of not playing tennis.

There are lots of good things about Manchester. Have a good trip.

cc

rommil
09-06-2005, 08:56 AM
Looking forward to seeing Prodigy more than anything else...but thanks for the pointers. Maybe best to play indoor tennis when i get back.

crosscourt
12-09-2005, 03:12 AM
So how was the trip?