PDA

View Full Version : Head i.Radical or Dunlop 300G

Surecatch
08-24-2005, 08:41 AM
You make the call. It's between these two, the specs are very similar and both can be had here for $79.99. Help me decide.

Shyyre
08-24-2005, 08:44 AM
i'm interested to see what people say.. i have the i.rad os and i like it a lot, but people seem to like the 300 as well. we'll see! :)

Speedy_tennis
08-24-2005, 08:51 AM
spin 300 g
control i radical

azak
08-24-2005, 08:52 AM
I would like to say to you to be careful about the i Radical. I've voted for it but I had a bad experience with it...

I tested the iRadical of a friend, who bought it 3 years ago, and it was amazing, one of the best racket i've ever hit with. Then I bought one for myself, and IT WAS NOT THE SAME. A different balance, a different weight... A different racket. I strung it, went to the club and I confirmed it, that was not the iRadical I loved.

The racket of my friend was EXACTLY the same that mine: Overzise 4 3/8. The same specs printed in the racket, the same all...

So be careful, I think Head is not makeing the same wonderful iRad they used to..

Surecatch
08-24-2005, 09:38 AM
I would like to say to you to be careful about the i Radical. I've voted for it but I had a bad experience with it...

I tested the iRadical of a friend, who bought it 3 years ago, and it was amazing, one of the best racket i've ever hit with. Then I bought one for myself, and IT WAS NOT THE SAME. A different balance, a different weight... A different racket. I strung it, went to the club and I confirmed it, that was not the iRadical I loved.

The racket of my friend was EXACTLY the same that mine: Overzise 4 3/8. The same specs printed in the racket, the same all...

So be careful, I think Head is not makeing the same wonderful iRad they used to..

Haha....just as I started to lean towards the Radical, now I'm all scared about it. Well, I asked.... No, thanks for the advice to all....I'll just have to take the leap and do one or the other and hope for the best. They both look like nice racquets (actually, they look very similar). I'm sure I'm over analyzing the hell out of this but I'm a poor man. I have enough money for one new stick and I don't want to make a mistake.

smittysan89
08-24-2005, 11:14 AM
That is the only case of quality control that I have heard of with Head, so IDK, but i think you shuold get the iRad, I didnt like the 300g that I tried.

azak
08-24-2005, 11:19 AM
One thing is for sure: The iRadical OS is the best new racket you can get for $80.

One thing you can do, is demo one from the same place you'll buy from. Another thing you can do, is to buy an used Hyper Pro Staff, LM Rad, LM Inst, PD, APD, etc etc etc...

I know that are all different rackets, but my point was that you can get a really good used racket for the same $$.

I would get the new iRad, no dobut... But not after what happened to me.

Ace Rimmer
08-24-2005, 12:26 PM
I demo'd a 300G a while back with great expectations, thinking it would be like a more spin friendly 200G; however, once I tried it, I could not wait to put it down. It played like a plank and was pretty unstable. Now I play with the 200G XL, which has a 16 main pattern. I just recently got an i-Radical OS and am pretty impressed with that stick so far - good control and stability for and OS racquet, but it needs a little lead.

Shyyre
08-25-2005, 04:58 AM
put about 3 1/2 inches of lead on 3 and 9 oclock and you ground strokes will improve to no end. i'm actually thinking about adding a little more..

toodely-pipscky rim-mer.... or should i call you 'old iron balls.'

LOL, man i love that show!

Surecatch
08-25-2005, 07:34 AM
One thing is for sure: The iRadical OS is the best new racket you can get for $80.

One thing you can do, is demo one from the same place you'll buy from. Another thing you can do, is to buy an used Hyper Pro Staff, LM Rad, LM Inst, PD, APD, etc etc etc...

I know that are all different rackets, but my point was that you can get a really good used racket for the same $$.

I would get the new iRad, no dobut... But not after what happened to me.

Thanks for the advice and here's a new slant. I think I should discount the Dunlop 300G. I've heard that it's a good stick but I also keep hearing over and over that's a bit demanding and even cumbersome. I think I should eliminate it from consideration. Now....People seem to think highly of the Head i.radical for the most part but I am concerned about the dense string pattern. I'm new to this technical stuff but there are many comments to the effect that this is undesirable for topspin etc. Is this something I should be concerned about? Furthermore, your advice about a used racquet is also intriquing. That Head LM rad looks like a nice one....not thrilled with 100" head but I might be able to deal with it if I could find one used and if that particular racquet is just head and shoulders above the i.radical. Am I on the right track with my latest mindset here?

HenmanFan
08-25-2005, 07:45 AM
Surecatch- I own both versions of the midplus Radical (LM and i Radical). At first I was hooked on the LM, but then I bought an i Radical on a whim because I broke one of my LM. I am in love with the i Radical now. It plays much more "crisp" than the LM, and I think it's a bit easier to move around. For some reason (maybe the strings that are in the i Radical) I find it produces topspin much easier than the LM. I'm thinking about buying another "i" because they're so cheap and great sticks. That said, I'm selling my other LM if you're interested you can e-mail me.

Surecatch
08-25-2005, 09:09 AM
Surecatch- I own both versions of the midplus Radical (LM and i Radical). At first I was hooked on the LM, but then I bought an i Radical on a whim because I broke one of my LM. I am in love with the i Radical now. It plays much more "crisp" than the LM, and I think it's a bit easier to move around. For some reason (maybe the strings that are in the i Radical) I find it produces topspin much easier than the LM. I'm thinking about buying another "i" because they're so cheap and great sticks. That said, I'm selling my other LM if you're interested you can e-mail me.

That's good to hear. I tried to email but it said wouldn't recieve it. So what kind of condition is you LM rad in and what are you looking for? I guess now my two choices are the LM or the iRad. Off I go to reread everything ever printed on the net about these sticks...haha. :D

300Gkid
08-31-2005, 02:44 PM
Well, i love my 300G, and i have heard of bad quality control, i tried a new one and an older one from 2001, the 2001 version played much better, no idea why though.

ksm
09-01-2005, 11:49 PM
I liked the 300G better than i.radical due to open string pattern, more feel & pop on the serves although radical has better control.

I am nowing buying the Maxply McEnroe. Will let you know my feedback once I play with it.

ksm