PDA

View Full Version : yonex rdx 500 for low power?

lukest
08-24-2005, 01:26 PM
Hi there,

I'm currently using a babolat pure drive and I have to string the racquet at 66 lbs else my shots go a little long.

I'm wondering if something like a yonex rdx 500 would allow me to bring the string tension down while still keeping my shots in?

Thanks!

zAllianceBmx
08-24-2005, 01:28 PM
yep. the rdx isnt as stiff as the pd

azak
08-24-2005, 01:36 PM
I can tell you the rackets who has fame of low powered

Wilson nCode nSix-One Tour 90
Wilson Hyper Prostaff 6.1
Yonex RDX 500 Mid
Head LiquidMetal/Intelligence Prestige

There's thousands, there you have the most famous

Simbah2004
09-11-2005, 05:22 PM
Well, I've switched from the Pure Drive to the RDX mid. It's like night and day. To be quite honest, some may disagree, but TW's reviews have worked well for me. What I noticed is that I was able to crank my groundstrokes with far better precision with the Yonex, volley better and my dropshots were great. But if you rely on the Pure Drive to give you some pop, maybe the RDX won't be your cup of tea.

smittysan89
09-11-2005, 05:56 PM
RDX 500 mid is the most least powered frame i have ever used....also the LM Prestige mid.

fist pump
09-11-2005, 07:05 PM
of the frames i used - lowest powered to powerful..

dunlop MW 200G
wilson ROK
estusa PBP
tour 90
yonex rdx mid
prince response ti

timmyboy
09-11-2005, 07:13 PM
^^same experience but i didn't have too good of a volley or good control^^

o, and you know the crap drop shots or weak shots that land in the service box? that's where the rdx is the best. down the line, with enough power. it doesn't have much power, but it will be there if you need it.

Redflea
09-11-2005, 07:44 PM
^^same experience but i didn't have too good of a volley or good control^^

o, and you know the crap drop shots or weak shots that land in the service box? that's where the rdx is the best. down the line, with enough power. it doesn't have much power, but it will be there if you need it.

Agree...I love the touch of the RDX when dealing with stuff like that. Especially since my younger son just loves drop shots and soft slice backhands that just die when they land...never should have taught the little creep to play. (-:

smittysan89
09-11-2005, 08:23 PM
If you can power the RDX it has amazing touch and control, with the right string you can add the bite if you want more of it

Type40
09-11-2005, 09:03 PM
I personally prefer synthetic gut type strings such as live wire pro, but I read that they are not a good choice on the RDX 500 mid, anyone know why not?

I like to string at 50 lbs on a 90 inch framce like that, and like the spin potential from the bite you get from natural and shetic gut.

How come they are recommending luxilon type strings for this frame?

nytennisplayer
09-11-2005, 09:09 PM
What do you guys think about stringing Babolat Tonic Gut on the Mid?
What tension would u suggest?

Redflea
09-11-2005, 09:59 PM
I personally prefer synthetic gut type strings such as live wire pro, but I read that they are not a good choice on the RDX 500 mid, anyone know why not?

I like to string at 50 lbs on a 90 inch framce like that, and like the spin potential from the bite you get from natural and shetic gut.

How come they are recommending luxilon type strings for this frame?

I tried Gamma Live Wire Pro at 62, which turned out to be way to high for that string...very uncomfortable and boardy feel. Could be OK on the Mid at a lower tension.

Tecnifibre X-1 Biphase, Yonex Pro Spin and similar, NXT, etc., are all good on the RDX...most seem to prefer around 55 - 58 lbs. 50 could be too low unless you hit w/a lot of spin...

What do you mean "they" recommended Luxilon?

Type40
09-11-2005, 10:13 PM
All I mean is, everyone who's written anything on this subject seem to use luxilon, or similar smooth synthetic string as oposed to the natural or synthetic gut type string.

Type40
09-11-2005, 10:14 PM
I really don't know how yplay with such a high tension on such a small frame. It must be very hard on your arm.

martin
09-12-2005, 02:45 AM
If you would string the yonex really low would you get the same power and control. What would be the difference between a low-powered racket with a low tension and a tweener with a high tension??

Simbah2004
09-12-2005, 03:32 AM
My demo had Luxilon and I had a power increase, but my racquet has Prince Synthetic gut 16 mid tension and it works fine for me. I find Polyester strings quite uncomfortable.