PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Question for Dunlop rackets

zorg
08-24-2005, 07:23 PM
Are Dunlop grips more shaped like Head or Wilson rackets (or different). Also, do Dunlops permit adding lead inside the handle like some Prince rackets and Babolats. This is where you can take at the cap on the bottom of the handle and put lead balls into the handle and place the cap back on. Last question, can you do this(adding lead inside handle) with a head racket? I know you can't with Wilson.

Zverev
08-24-2005, 07:32 PM
Every Wilson racquet I had (HH 2.7, T5, PS Zone 7.1) had little cap at the bottom of the handle where you can stick your weights in.
What else do you know?
Also there is something looking like a cap on my 200g, but it feels funny like glued to, so I never opened it, because 200g doesn't need any more weight, and I wouldn't want to glue it back if it's indeed glued.

Craig Sheppard
08-24-2005, 08:00 PM
Dunlop grips are shaped very similar to Wilson grips.

Vantage231511
08-25-2005, 12:15 AM
If you go to the Vantage website, the grip choices are shown. You can see the difference between the companies by looking at the choices.

D=Dunlop, W=wilson, P=Prince, H=Head

That should answer your question.

bluegrasser
08-25-2005, 05:25 AM
Like Wison grips but smaller.

man-walking
08-25-2005, 12:22 PM
Vantage site shapes (especially the dunlop image) are misleading, a bit extreme.

Dunlop grip is exactly between the wilson and the prince one.
I would say it's pretty neutral.

man-walking
08-25-2005, 12:25 PM
Like Wison grips but smaller.
Less rectangular, the octagon is more regular, but the perimeter is identical: 11.5cm for 4'1/2 W. and for D.

AndrewD
08-25-2005, 01:22 PM
I agree with man-walking. Ive always found the the Dunlop grip shape to be, the most neutral (and, I think, best) offered by any racquet company. Doesn't immediately lend itself to one grip over another and is the one I find easiest to switch between grips - from semi-western forehand to extreme eastern backhand with no hitch at all.

badmice2
08-25-2005, 01:31 PM
Are Dunlop grips more shaped like Head or Wilson rackets (or different). Also, do Dunlops permit adding lead inside the handle like some Prince rackets and Babolats. This is where you can take at the cap on the bottom of the handle and put lead balls into the handle and place the cap back on. Last question, can you do this(adding lead inside handle) with a head racket? I know you can't with Wilson.

The 200G HM I have has a removable butt cap where you can add lead; not too sure if the m-fil has it. The shape of the grip definitely feels like a wilson. I think some head racket has the same removable butt cap, but not sure if the "player friendly" ones do.

Mike Werblin
08-25-2005, 07:57 PM
I currently am using the Dunlop M-fil 200 and I would say the grip shape is very similiar to Wilson but runs a little smaller. I have noticed that my 45/8's M-Fil 200's feel definitely a little smaller than my friend's 45/8's Wilson nCode Tour 90's.

Viper
08-25-2005, 08:11 PM
Yeah Vantage exagerated on the dunlop grip

man-walking
08-27-2005, 12:13 PM
I currently am using the Dunlop M-fil 200 and I would say the grip shape is very similiar to Wilson but runs a little smaller. I have noticed that my 45/8's M-Fil 200's feel definitely a little smaller than my friend's 45/8's Wilson nCode Tour 90's.
The dunlop shape permits a closer hold, I have measured the perimeter with my wilson L4 and it's the same.
To this adds the fact that 200 hasn't leather as Tour 90 so it's relatively soft giving you less substantial feel and a 'smaller' hold.

I like wilson grip for its natural/instant fit, but the dunlop one is good too and has its pros, especially it makes you better conscius of torque in your non-perfect strokes, even slight mishits give you the needed feel to know I you are missing something and how...

Mike Werblin
08-27-2005, 02:17 PM
Man-Walking: I can tell you I have also hit with 45/8's nCode Six One 95's,both the 16mX18c & 18mX20c versions actually as I know many guys who use those sticks, and those racquets have synthetic grips and they DEFINITELY feel bigger than my 45/8's M-FIl 200's.

man-walking
08-27-2005, 02:36 PM
D'oh, sorry :-> didn't even care to read 4'5/8...

Boh, should be personal, I have the slight same (your) impression too, but with the same size 4'1/2...