PDA

View Full Version : more pop with 300G

Kryztof
08-25-2005, 01:25 AM
How to have more pop on voley and first serve with 300G because it feels very dead the first time i tried it... for the baseline and second serve it was very good, i like it very much.
To add lead tape and where?
To add leather grip?
I don't know the strung of my raquet but it maybe too much strung... so what is the good tension with 300G to have more putch on voley and first serve?

BHud
08-25-2005, 06:13 AM
Bad news...I tried everything with this racquet several years ago and could never get it to "pop"...I believe the low RA flex rating in combination with its lighter weight kills this frame. I put 1/2 oz. in the handle and 1/2 oz. at 9&3 total and it actually felt worse.

bluegrasser
08-25-2005, 06:23 AM
I've been playing the 300 Mfil and it has plenty of pop and I'm an old duffer, maybe it's the strings and tension. The strings are the Dunlop mfil tour, sort of a soft feel but good pop.

Redflea
08-26-2005, 12:35 PM
Yup...300g is not a "poppy" racquet, not what it's designed to do. Other than playing with string tensions/types (post a question in the string forum) and swinging harder, the power potential of the 300g is pretty limited. I also played w/lead on the one I had and never found a result that I liked. Fun racquet, though...

Kryztof
08-26-2005, 10:47 PM
i put a leather grip and it seems to be better , great for my first serve, but what tension you strung yours?
Can i string it at low tension like 50?
For the moment mine seems to be very stiff.. is it the true feeling of this raquect? or maybe i strung to much...

Redflea
08-27-2005, 02:21 PM
I would characterize the 300g as harsh...on off-center hits the feedback from the 300g was not good when I demoed one for a couple of weeks. I really wanted to buy that racquet, as it was a lot of fun to hit with (great spin and control, wonderful slice backhands) but didn't like the harsh feedback, and it didn't feel stable enough at the net.

Swingman
08-27-2005, 07:44 PM
How to have more pop on voley and first serve with 300G because it feels very dead the first time i tried it... for the baseline and second serve it was very good, i like it very much.
To add lead tape and where?
To add leather grip?
I don't know the strung of my raquet but it maybe too much strung... so what is the good tension with 300G to have more putch on voley and first serve?

Weigh it up to at least 11.7 oz by adding lead tape at 3 and 9 and in the handle evenly if you do not want to change the balance of the racquet. You will be surprised at how much more stable and powerful the racquet will become. I used to string mine at 60 lb. Anything more than that and the racquet starts to get harsh. I was serving bombs with the racquet and sticking the volleys more with the weight at 11.8 oz. I would use a multi string with this racquet. Wilson Sensation for power and value, Yonex 850 Tour Super, NXT, X-1 Biphase are also good choices. I also preferred this racquet with 16g.

hummer23
08-27-2005, 07:56 PM
i really liked this frame wiht somelead on it. about 20 grams in the handle, 16 at 3 and 9. thsi really makes the frame much more solid and gives it better power during harder rallies. as for string, signum poly plasma 17 at 62 was just heavenly for me.

Kryztof
08-27-2005, 11:00 PM
yesterday i restrung mine at 55 with poly plasma and it was not the same feeling that the first time a get theis raquect who seems very very harsh...during the 10 first minutes it was so much powerfull that all my shots were flying but after that it become a beautyfull frame with a lot of power and very good touch. mine is 324gr for the moment.
How did you customize your 300g? did you put lead tape under or inside the handle? and what sort of lead did you put?
What are the zones where you put lead tape on the frame?

ksm
08-27-2005, 11:34 PM
i really liked this frame wiht somelead on it. about 20 grams in the handle, 16 at 3 and 9. thsi really makes the frame much more solid and gives it better power during harder rallies. as for string, signum poly plasma 17 at 62 was just heavenly for me.

I have also added weight at 3 & 9 O'clock and in the handle of my 300G and am liking it much better. I have added lead tape on top of the original grip & then put an over-grip but it feels slightly different.

I am now going to put lead weights in the handle and wanted some help from you guys. There is a trap door mentioned by some in the handle of 300G. Do I have to remove the original grip and then the butt cap to add weight in the 300G?? I don't have a staple gun as mentioned on TW racquet customizing, so can I do without it?? Can I stick the butt cap back with glue after sticking the weights inside the handle??

This is my first experience with opening the butt cap, so please help guys (specially those who have added weight in the handle of their 300G.

THANKS.

ksm

Type40
08-27-2005, 11:41 PM
I concur with ksm, I have a roll of lead tape on the handle, and lead tape at 3 and 9 o clock, and my preffered tension is 55 pounds, and I get a lot of pop. 300g is a great racquet once you have it set up to your preference.

netman
08-29-2005, 05:41 PM
Buy a MaxPly McEnroe.

JoostT
08-29-2005, 11:48 PM
I have also added weight at 3 & 9 O'clock and in the handle of my 300G and am liking it much better. I have added lead tape on top of the original grip & then put an over-grip but it feels slightly different.

I am now going to put lead weights in the handle and wanted some help from you guys. There is a trap door mentioned by some in the handle of 300G. Do I have to remove the original grip and then the butt cap to add weight in the 300G?? I don't have a staple gun as mentioned on TW racquet customizing, so can I do without it?? Can I stick the butt cap back with glue after sticking the weights inside the handle??

This is my first experience with opening the butt cap, so please help guys (specially those who have added weight in the handle of their 300G.

THANKS.

ksm

You don't have to remove the original grip or butt cap, just pop out the dunlop logo with a small screwdriver. Put some lead in and pop it back. No glue.

Joost

ksm
08-30-2005, 12:44 AM
You don't have to remove the original grip or butt cap, just pop out the dunlop logo with a small screwdriver. Put some lead in and pop it back. No glue.

Joost

THANKS FOR THE HELP. I will try it out in a day or two.

ksm

kreative
08-30-2005, 10:41 AM
try timo 18 @ 55lbs, lots of pop