PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on Babolat pure drive/control!!

babolatPDstandard
08-25-2005, 12:56 AM
Hi eveyone, just after some help!!
I have owned a pure drive standard for 5-6 months. When i first got it i was inconsistent but loved the power, after i while i became frustrated because if i did not hit with perfect technique the ball would fly long. I have also developed golfers elbow. I am using hurricane/xcel hybrid, basically just waiting for it to break as i have 2 packs of VS gut. Also lead at 3 and 9.

Anyway i am getting abit annoyed with the inconsistency and have started demoing the pure control standard. I like the feel of it and find it has better control and power is not too bad. It feels more solid on groundstrokes and serve return. Serve is accurate also.

So i want a second racquet for the upcoming season and here are my questions..........
-I have bee told the PC is head light and good for serve volley, i play mostly from the back, does this matter?
-Should i go with the PC? This will mean i do not have matching racquets?
-Will the PC with natural gut be better for golfers elbow since it is heavier?

-I have checked for threads on the PC, can anyone give me their thoughts on these 2 racquets?

-Is it common or logical for a player to advance to a more control orientated racquet or should i stick with the PD and work on technique? Its just overhitting is very frustrating.....

Any help or comments would be much appreciated!! Thanks!!

Jonnyf
08-25-2005, 05:17 AM
well i have hit with the PD and PC and prefer PD much better why not demo PD+ or PC+ or try my new racquet an APD

babolatPDstandard
08-25-2005, 12:28 PM
Thanks i will give the PC plus a go, Anyone else????

zenit
08-25-2005, 12:50 PM
i just switched from a control oriented racquet (head prestige classic) to aeropro control+ and i am loving it. I do hit more balls long, but overall i get very nice controlled power from the baseline. The extra .5 inches probably help also.

by the way working inyour technique always helps, but if the racquet is giving you trouble its time to change.

tom-selleck
08-25-2005, 12:52 PM
i've been playing with PD and i'm getting tired of long balls as well or at least general lack of control. and a little tennis elbow, technically i think it's golfer's elbow as TE is other side of elbow.... demo'd BC and pretty good, extremely good on serves.... then demo'd ncode95 and like nirvana for me. seemed perfect. (and don't be put off if you demo'd the ncode 90 and couldn't hit it. the 95 is a completely different story).

babolatPDstandard
08-25-2005, 12:57 PM
Yeah i got golfers elbow too, i tried the ncode 95 and wasnt that impressed, but each to their own. Thanks for your advice........
Can anyone else give opions on changing from a PD to a PC........