PDA

View Full Version : !!:URGENT:!! Pro Kennex Racquet Help

Jonnyf
08-25-2005, 09:07 AM
TT members i have gotten a form from Pro Kennex for their Preffered Player and was wandering which is their best racquet.

I have a quite big serve (want to keep that)
Gonzo groundies
come to the net so my volleys are ok.

My recent racquets are PD+ and APD.

If you wish to e-mail me opinions its

forrest.jonny@gmail.com

Ben42
08-25-2005, 09:11 AM
The closest to what you're playing now would be the Heritage Type S or SX. I've never hit with them, but they get good feedback.

Nadal_Rulz
08-25-2005, 09:11 AM
johnny i got it too. im thinking of the heritage type c 98 if i decide to do it,if volkl turns me down.

Gaines Hillix
08-25-2005, 09:13 AM
If you liked the PD+ and APD, I'd recommend something from the PK Laver Heritage series. The Heritage SX is probably closest to the PD+. Take a look at the specs here on TW.

Marius_Hancu
08-25-2005, 09:22 AM
check Type R in the comparative reviews in the Sticky here

Jonnyf
08-25-2005, 09:31 AM
I looked at The Heritage SX i seems like my current racquets

North
08-25-2005, 10:20 AM
The Heritage SX, as you have already surmised, is probably the closest specs-wise to your current racquet. I'm guessing you have a 2HBH and the SX would work well with that, as well. If you're thinking of becoming more all-court with more of a net game, the Heritage S is better, I found when I demoed both the SX and the S, for volleys and maneuverabiltiy around the net.

Craig Sheppard
08-25-2005, 10:23 AM
Congratulations Jonny

Jonnyf
08-25-2005, 10:33 AM
Congrats i asked for a stencil and thought what the hell and asked and the guy gave me it lol

Marius_Hancu
08-25-2005, 10:35 AM
well, big company, perhaps they can provide you with several different for demo-ing, now that you represent them:-)

you'll have to change you sig:-)

Nadal_Rulz
08-25-2005, 10:37 AM
i have the same oppurtunity, but as i currently play volkl i am asking them for one first,then i might go for the pk one

Craig Sheppard
08-25-2005, 10:38 AM
Congrats i asked for a stencil and thought what the hell and asked and the guy gave me it lol

Ah missed that bit--thought they offered it to u! Still better play well then. ;-)

Ruuzo
08-25-2005, 02:48 PM
for pro kennex to offer you though you must have some good accomplishments under your belt though right? what is your ranking/tournament results?

snowpuppy
08-25-2005, 03:55 PM
Oh my god, how can you all leave out 15g PSE!!! Same lenght but the head is a lil bit bigger. But it is very stable not to mention powerful. Weighted nicely to sustain in ralies and arm friendly. Most of all, it plows through the balls.

Jonnyf
08-25-2005, 04:43 PM
Okay
THANKS SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR INPUT and thanks Craig.
I have put down Heritage SX and the form will be faxed tomorrow. And hopefully the equipment will arrive before my B'day on Sep 13th.
Yeah i must change my profile lol.
If i hate the racquet i'll just stencil my APD.
and for all those who care the deal is

For $250 value $430

2 racquets.
6 strings (just enie meanied the two as i've never heard of them)
bag
2 3-pack overgrips
1 cap
2 tee's
1 stencil
1 comp Decal (wtf)
and i think a pair of shorts

player
08-25-2005, 11:54 PM
You are same case as me. I used PD and AeroDrive before, I tried Ki 5 and Ki10PSE as well, and I choose Ki5 finally. I put the lead tape 3 and 9 o'clock. That's wonderful! my friends said my serve with same power as before.

BTW, due to Ki5 is a ellbow friendly racket, I have used Alu power string. (I am used xcel with my AeroDrive and PD)

Ki10 PSE and Ki5 are good!!

Deuce
08-26-2005, 12:16 AM
Why does hardly anyone type about the Type C frames?

From the specs, they seem to be quite interesting - different from 95% of the frames out there, most of which seem to share the same flawed characteristics - too big, too light, and too stiff.

Jonnyf
08-26-2005, 01:30 AM
Yeah the type C does look quite good. I have decided to go with The Heritage SX though as i feel it is the closest to my Babolat

diredesire
08-26-2005, 01:59 AM
you're not sponsored, just under their program, right?

The SX doesn't really play much like the PD, but you might find that you like it better. The woofer system really gives the PD some oomph. I play the S, the frame shape is similar, but the feel of the frame is COMPLETELY different. It's a solid stick for volleys, i don't know how much you'll like it for ground strokes, though...

Jonnyf
08-26-2005, 03:48 AM
I preffered player. Ohh well you're right i might prefer it to my PD+ n APD but if i don't i'll just as i said stencil my APD.

It's a pretty decent deal IMO

destan
08-26-2005, 07:52 AM
I have played with Pd and Ki 10PSE, and I find that they are quite close, except the Ki10PSE is a more superior stick. It is like the PD, with more control and more arm-friendly.

You can give it a try.

Jonnyf
08-26-2005, 11:47 AM
Yeah once again Thanks for all the help i've sent away for the Heritage SX but (Deuce's suggestion) the Type C really looks intruiging i'll need to see if i can get a demo or consider it as a next order THANKS GUYS

anymore experiences/opionions please post them
Thanks

JF

diredesire
08-26-2005, 12:05 PM
Why does hardly anyone type about the Type C frames?

From the specs, they seem to be quite interesting - different from 95% of the frames out there, most of which seem to share the same flawed characteristics - too big, too light, and too stiff.

i agree, the specs are nice for a player's frame, but we're comparing them to the PD+ and the APD, it's not really a good comparison/suggestion to be recommending a frame a full ounce heavier than what the OP is used to. Also, not everyone NEEDS/would benefit from a player's frame. I personally like my racquets under 12 oz stock so i can customize them to my liking. I don't feel like i have much leg room in terms of slightly modifying my frames when the stock weight is 12.4. The fact of the matter is, very few people actually want such a heavy stock frame to start out with (by few people, i'm calling the player's racquet afficionado group a minority, which it IS, although it may not seem so on this board). To be fair, i used to play with a 13oz racquet, and i'm a small guy.

Edit: hey jonny, if you don't like the SX and want to cut me a sweet deal, i'd probably take 'em ;)

Jonnyf
08-26-2005, 12:11 PM
i'll be getting 2
And i guess there is Pro Kennex strings for Sale (maybe)

Ronaldo
08-26-2005, 12:17 PM
Deuce, had a pr of Type C, mid (93) to replace my iPrestige/PC 600. Just seemed too stiff, if you can believe that, compared to the PC or iPrestige. Suspect the Head racquets are just old.

Ronaldo
08-26-2005, 12:19 PM
Btw, the weight and balance of the Type C is comparable to the Head mids. Feel was a bit different

Jonnyf
08-26-2005, 12:29 PM
Has anyone played with the Pro Kennex leather i might get it with my stuff and want to know if their any good. I probably will be able to get Fairway though (UK site Yay)

(i know a US dealer that has Fairway and Head thanks for the link does to Nadal_Rulz)

diredesire
08-26-2005, 07:05 PM
Has anyone played with the Pro Kennex leather i might get it with my stuff and want to know if their any good. I probably will be able to get Fairway though (UK site Yay)

(i know a US dealer that has Fairway and Head thanks for the link does to Nadal_Rulz)

PK leather is fine, it performs well, wraps up well, is extreeemely long (i never had trouble wrapping my lengthy chang grips), and doesn't bleed color onto overgrips in my experience (i used the gray one).

The_Dark_Knight
08-26-2005, 07:20 PM
you just asked, dang, thats kinda weirdish................

I hate my spanish teacher!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lakoste
08-26-2005, 08:27 PM
what happens if it turns out you absoluty cant stand the racquet?
Did you not be able to wait like a week and demo it out before you spend $230 for a brand that apprarently according to your current racquets and questions you dont know anything about how good/bad they play.

I doubt that they wouldve retracted the offer to be a prefered player after a week of demoeing the racquet

bcaz
08-26-2005, 09:16 PM
I demoed and wrote about the Type C (93) in late 03 or early 04. I thought is was a fantastic racquet, box beam, heavy, decent pop, great volleys, superb directional control, really nice feel and comfort. Similar to the Prestige Classic, some might like it better -- definitely superior to the i.Prestige mid. Too much stick for me, though.

PK has an excellent line. I reviewed the Type R and it is even more underrated than the Type C.

tennis4losers
08-26-2005, 09:18 PM
One week of demoing? I usually borrow for about 3 weeks

Jonnyf
08-27-2005, 01:57 AM
nah i've used some PK before