PDA

View Full Version : Temperature affecting rackets

ironchef21
08-25-2005, 10:55 AM
Apologies if this has been addressed previously but I did not see an earlier thread about it.

Is there a general rule about protecting your racket from cold or hot weather? For example I have started playing after work and usually bring my rackets into the office with me. Until recently it's been hot down here and I didn't want to leave them in my car. I seem to remember hearing years ago that extreme heat or cold can affect your rackets--i.e., warp them.

Am I being overprotective or is there some truth to this? Also is there a time limit--e.g.,Not leaving them in my car for more than an hour or so?

On the other hand I know some people--admittedly not tennis diehards--who keep their rackets in their car for months on end despite the weather.

Thanks in advance for any comments!

Guillote
08-25-2005, 11:18 AM
I think that in general the most that suffer from heat are the strings. They will loose the tension earlier on hot weather

A termal bag may help on that

I am also overprotective with my racquets, there is no shame on that ;)

staffpro
08-25-2005, 03:45 PM
jus get a wilsonbag with thermo protection it does a prettygood job at keeping you racquest safe and my drinks cool when i am out on a hot day...