PDA

View Full Version : Wilson nPro 98

cpjm_1
08-25-2005, 01:34 PM
What are your views on this racket, i really like them but i was wondering what you guys think??? :?: :?: :?:

Viper
08-25-2005, 03:11 PM
It was okay but gave so arm problems

Mark Oakley
08-27-2005, 01:38 PM
Played it a little this week and talked to a guy who has been playing it for a couple months. Not as stable as you would think....go with a NSix-One 95. Don't get me wrong, it is a good racquet, but I liked the NSix-One better. More stable and not much difference in power.

tarkowski
08-27-2005, 03:08 PM
For me, the nPro felt very stiff and light. The frame has good inherent power, but the low swingweight does it injustice at the baseline. At net, the nPro was nice and quick for reaction shots, but it just wasn't stable enough. It was getting knocked around quite a bit and I had to work extra hard on volleys. I felt the Surge was a much better choice for this class of racquet. The Surge had similar quickness with more stability - plus some serious pop for serves. I liked the nPro least of the recent Wilson racquets I demoed - nPro, nPro Surge, nTour, nSixOne 95, n5 98. I prefer and play with the nSixOne 95 18x20.

ohcaptain
08-28-2005, 10:39 AM
did you demo any head?
like the flexpoint instinct or radical

cpjm_1
08-29-2005, 01:34 PM
I tried the nPro 98 and the surge in march this year in the states when i was on holiday and i loved the 98. i waited to get them when they were released in england till i got them. I did try the flexipoint but i didnt like it.

Ben42
08-29-2005, 03:06 PM
I've been playing the nPro 98 for a couple of months now. I love it. Good controlable power. Good spin. Not the most comfortable frame I've ever hit with, but I play better with it than any other stick I've ever tried.

I also had some arm pain initially. Nothing major, just some soreness the next day or so.

So I lowered the tension in the mains and put some gut in the crosses to soften it up. I used some Gosen Sheep Tour, a softer version of OG Sheep now discontinued, in the mains and Bow 16 for crosses. I don't like Gut mains because I find it to springy and powerful.

I also put about 3/8ths of an ounce of lead in the handle to make the racquet a little more head light.

I haven't had any arm pain since.